Oct 25 2012
By: Old_Noobette First Son 26 posts

Updates and older systems. For your consideration

[ Edited ]
4 replies 147 views Edited Oct 25, 2012

I've been spending some time reading different threads about these "updates" and I’ve noticed a disturbing trend.

Quite often people with older PS3's say the blu-ray drive quits after the update or they say they have now got a yellow light.

This is happening far too often to be chance.

I can't help but wonder if each update includes code to target and disable a certain selected group of older serial numbers?

Each update having a negative effect on  older systems with certain serial number or on-board chip numbers .

Thus making sure the older systems are gradualy removed from the funtioning  market so the demand for newer systems will be maintained.

I mean , if they ALL worked for decades who would buy new ones?

If you look closely the first Fat ps3's, they are so much better than the new ones in terms of build quality and featurs.

(The older systems having touch sensative buttons and 4 usb ports and multi-card readers.)

In my obsevation, the negative effect of MANDATORY updates on older systems it is happening far too often to be a coincidence.

(something to consider> My friend has an old pentium 500mhz computer with the hardware still working fine. How many years is that?)

Just an observation.Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 5 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1387 posts

Re: Updates and older systems. For your consideration

Oct 25, 2012

The government has an extensive relationship with alien life and 9-11 was an inside job. /thread

Message 2 of 5 (133 Views)
First Son
26 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 25, 2012

"The government has an extensive relationship with alien life and 9-11 was an inside job. /thread"

That's a very childish and silly comment.

Hey Sky,, take time to study the threads , befor you make such a childish reply.

Message 3 of 5 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1387 posts

Oct 25, 2012

Old_Noobette wrote:

"The government has an extensive relationship with alien life and 9-11 was an inside job. /thread"

Hey Sky,, take time to study the threads , befor you make such a childish reply.

If you're entitled to your own absurd ideas so am I.
PS3 Phat 80gb Motorstorm bundle and PSP-1000 Launch system owner reporting in.

Message 4 of 5 (118 Views)
First Son
26 posts

Oct 25, 2012

Sky_The_Assassin wrote:

Old_Noobette wrote:

If you're entitled to your own absurd ideas so am I.
PS3 Phat 80gb Motorstorm bundle and PSP-1000 Launch system owner reporting in.

true enough

Message 5 of 5 (115 Views)
0 Likes