Jan 25 2016
By: DarthMooby Lombax Warrior 262 posts
Accepted Solution

Updated Vita to 3.57, now I can't access PSN features or store

97 replies 7000 views Edited Jan 25, 2016

I updated my Vita to 3.57 and suddenly couldn't access the Playstation Store. It just gave me a never-ending Please Wait message. I then tried the Playstation Network menu in the Settings app, but it gave me the same thing. I tried the store and PSN on my PS4 and PS3, but they work perfectly fine. I deleted the network info, but that didn't work. I restored the system, but that didn't work either. I tried safe mode and rebuilt the database, reinstalled the firmware, restored the system again, nothing works. I seem to be able to log in, but it never gets beyond that. Anyone have anything that can help?

Message 1 of 98 (7,000 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Vita PSN App stuck on "Please wait..." after 3.57 firmware update

Jan 25, 2016

After the firmware update to 3.57 it appears as though something is broken with the PSN Store app.

I have a PCH-1101 that can...

- Connet to the PSN store via web browser.

- Sync Trophy Data

- Download automatic updates for game (such as Race To The Sun)

- Recieve party invites

However, if I try to open the PSN Store app or go to "PlayStation Network" options in Settings, the system goes to a "Please wait..." screen that never go away. Rebooting the system and/or router does not help. Neither does using a different Wi-Fi network.

What's going on with this?

Message 2 of 98 (6,970 Views)
Lombax Warrior
262 posts

Re: Vita PSN App stuck on "Please wait..." after 3.57 firmware update

Jan 25, 2016

This is identical to my situation. I just updated to 3.57 and I've gone through every troubleshooting step they've thrown at me. I still can't access the Playstation Network or Store features through the respective apps. Also, since I had to deactivate my Vita before the complete restore and now can't get to the option in the Settings menu to activate, I can't even play the games I already have. I can log in during setup, but that's as far as I can go. I've also already heard from around a dozen or so people with the same issue.

Message 3 of 98 (6,955 Views)
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Re: Updated Vita to 3.57, now I can't access PSN features or store

Jan 26, 2016
I am having literally the exact same issue as the thread creator. I'm at a loss. Network works fine. All network tests run correctly. I'm out of solutions.
Message 4 of 98 (6,964 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Jan 26, 2016

Same exact issue! I just bought Power Stone Collection and now I can even download it! Come on Sony I mean I don't have a problem with your weekly outages but I've been stuck with this for a while now. Network tests work fine, but yet psn and ps store just don't seem to work on the Vita. Yet, I still see Vita youtubers on it. Also, I managed to get on both but I just did PSN as a test, afterwards I did the store, it worked, I tried to download it and it gave me an error code. I accidentally took it off because force of habit, tried again, SAME PROBLEM ALL OVER AGAIN. Went online, found an answer that uses the PSN. Tried PSN, all of a sudden it decides to give me the same thing. What's going on?

Message 5 of 98 (6,960 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jan 26, 2016

Same issue here.  Bought a few Vita games from the sale through my computer.  Now Vita won't connect to PSN.

Message 6 of 98 (6,935 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 26, 2016
Same issue here. I was actually browsing through the store and about to buy a game, when I decided I would update the system first, and now I can't access the network/store at all, just sits there spinning and telling me to wait. Can browse the Internet and use all other functions just fine. So frustrating.
Message 7 of 98 (6,919 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 26, 2016

I'm in the same boat. Only difference is earlier this morning I was able to go into the PS Store and, when attempting to download a game, it returned an error code of NP-8082-8 (whatever that is). After restarting my Vita all I get now when attempting to access PSN is the "Please wait..." dialog box. There's nothing I can do to avoid this. Anyone heard any amswers?

Message 8 of 98 (6,879 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 26, 2016
Same thing here! Since the last 3.57 update, my PS Vita (fat) is stuck on a "Please wait" message ("Aguarde" as I use it in portuguese) and i cant download two Indie games i have just bought yesterday at the Indie Games sale...

Please Sony, are you reading this? Pleople need to access the PSN Store with Vita system!!!
Message 9 of 98 (6,854 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 26, 2016

Hi,

I am also having the same trouble.

I could not see any Sony communication about it yet. Is anybody aware about any news?

Thank you.

Message 10 of 98 (6,845 Views)
0 Likes