Dec 03 2013
By: SqwoozieQ First Son 2 posts
Accepted Solution

Unauthorized email change

3 replies 1090 views Edited Dec 3, 2013

I was looking for an email address to send a letter to customer support but could not find one. Last night I got an email saying the password and emails for one of my sub accounts were changed, my son's account. He never made that change, someone else did. So, I was wondering what to do? Thanks.

Susan

Message 1 of 4 (1,090 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9162 posts

Re: Unauthorized email change

[ Edited ]
Dec 3, 2013

Welcome to the forum Sony recently changed the password for many accounts that had suspicious activity.Your son account was not hacked so don't worry follow the link below to read the official annoucement about the issue and how you can contact Sony to retrieve your son account.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/INFO-Password-not-working-today-R...

KANE-FIRE

Message 2 of 4 (1,084 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Dec 5, 2013

Thanks for the reply, but it wasn't just his passwordn that was changed , it was his email address on the account that was changed. No one but me and him access it on the playstation and it was neither of us that did it. I don't know what to do.

Susan

Message 3 of 4 (1,056 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15691 posts

Dec 5, 2013

You might try SONY customer service - have all details handy, including the date of birth on the account, your console serial number, answer to security question.  Only they can help.

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 4 of 4 (1,035 Views)