May 15 2011
By: Akai-Moeru Splicer 63 posts

Unable to sign in with Sub account

3 replies 156 views Edited May 15, 2011

My master account has no problems signing in, but my Japanese sub account cannot sign in at all. I just recently purchased $50 worth of yen to use when the PSN Store is operational again to download region exclusive games. I have heard many sources saying that PSN is operational in Japan and I just wonder why I and many others cannot access our accounts.

Message 1 of 4 (156 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Re: Unable to sign in with Sub account

May 15, 2011

Step One: Go on your master account, and click "Account Manager"

Step Two: Click on "Password"

Step Three: Change the password to your liking.

Step Four: Login with your Sub Account

Message 2 of 4 (156 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 17, 2011

Bumpity Bump

I live in the U.S.A. but I also have a Japanese account which happens to be my main account. My sub account region is the United States. When I called Sony in the U.S. because I could not access my main Japanese account, they told me they could do nothing and that I would have to call Japan and ask them to go through the reactivation steps with me. I.e.: changing my password and reactivating the account. That is absolutely pathetic in terms of customer service. This company should be ashamed of itself. PSN has not yet been reactivated in Japan, so I am hoping to have this problem resolved as soon as they go live. Sony could not tell me the following things after calling several times: The number to PSN Support in Japan, How I could go about speaking to someone in English at the Japanese PSN Support center, why this could not be handled by an English speaking representative in the United States.

I also have sub accounts in the UK and Germany. I guess I should break out a globe and a telephone book because this company is utterly useless. I will most likely end up deleting those two accounts. I have most of my gamesaves, none of which can be copied (genius), on my Japanese account. I need that account back. Sony, seriously needs to do better than this. If I lose my main account because of their laspe in security, including all of my game saves, I will no longer be a Sony customer.

Message 3 of 4 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
63 posts

May 17, 2011

In Japan's case, it is not Sony's fault that the network is not online. I looked around on Playstation Japan website and found out that the government is the reason why all of Japan has yet to be online. The government is concerned about the security of its system and rightfully so in my opinion. It would be nice if an estimated date was released but I suppose that it's not going to happen. Luckly, I have the option of using this account that my friend let me borrow for a while.

Message 4 of 4 (156 Views)
0 Likes