Highlighted
Oct 27 2011
By: Rekkuzan First Son 3 posts

Unable to play PSN game due to freezing...can i get a refund?

5 replies 1457 views Edited Oct 27, 2011

Hi all! I bought and downloaded RE4 HD last night. I then installed it and had a fun time for about 45 minutes.  im only on chapter 1-3 and right before the del lago boss fight (the first boss) and the game freezes and i have to manually shut down the system.  i've restarted the game multiple times with different saves and have tried everything but it still freezes in the same spot.  this is the only game i have that freezes on my 60 gig ps3, everything else runs great.  I cannot play the game because it wont let me progress past this point.  I chose this game over castle crashers since I love RE games. but since i cant play the game is it possible that i can get a refund/exchange for something else?  im just kinda bummed out lol.

I deleted the game and i'm re-downloading it and hopefully it will install fine this time. but if not, what can i do?

thanks

Message 1 of 6 (1,457 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: Unable to play PSN game due to freezing...can i get a refund?

Oct 27, 2011

I re-downloaded it and it still freezes >(

Message 2 of 6 (1,457 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39446 posts

Oct 27, 2011

Rekkuzan wrote:

I re-downloaded it and it still freezes >(

No refunds are given for purchases made through the PSN Store, sorry.

Also this is not an issue with the game itself because if it were there would be many others on here complaining of the same thing, & they are not, so the issue must be somewhere else.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 3 of 6 (1,457 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 28, 2011

I'm currently troubleshooting this problem with a sony tech.  so far i've restored the HDD, deleted, downloaded, reinstalled and still freezes in the same exact spot.  awaiting another response from him about what to try now.  I don't necessarily "want" a refund but I also don't want to throw $20 out the window either you know.  And there are other users who have had the game freeze repeatedly in the same spot as mine, their questions are on other forums such as gamespot and such.  I found those first before coming here.

All my other PSN downloaded games such as Wipeout, LBP, RE2, PE work great. just this one is the problem

Message 4 of 6 (1,457 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jan 3, 2012

I have noticed this problem too when I play RE4(that I purchased from EURO store ) and my ps3 makes clicks/beeps too though its still new (bought on early November 2011),

I havent beated RE4 yet I barely Reached level 1-3 and I barely get enough time to play due to my job and exhaustion.

I really Don't know,,is that because the game took much time downloading approx 15 hours with (Pause / Resume) ??

I think thats not the reason ,,ps3 made to download and play games.....but it my be a game functional problems (maybe not for everyone) loooooooooooool much Details

I will play FFXIII today and will make notes

I hope everything will be ok for all of us !!

Message 5 of 6 (1,457 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9301 posts

Jan 3, 2012

There are cases where you may get a refund, Call up Sony Customer support.

Message 6 of 6 (1,457 Views)
0 Likes