Nov 08 2011
By: Kangbus First Son 4 posts

Unable to create a PSN account (Please help!)

6 replies 20954 views Edited Nov 8, 2011

I have been trying for 3 weeks now to create a new psn account ( I am currently in Korea, so this account is useless for me to play the korean bf3 online )
but every time I try it says there is maintenance.
What am I suppose to do? I just need to simply create an account so I can play online....

Message 1 of 7 (20,954 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4029 posts

Re: Unable to create a PSN account (Please help!)

Nov 8, 2011

Hi, welcome to the forums!

Is it a US PS3?  If you speak Korean I'd suggest giving the Korean PlayStation customer service a try.  Beyond that I honestly don't know though maybe one of our forum members who lives in Asia can be a bit more help.

-SP

Message 2 of 7 (20,954 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 9, 2011

No I am currently in Korea with a Korean PS3 Slim. I don't understand why I cant even sign up from the korean psn website... nothing is working 

Message 3 of 7 (20,954 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
62 posts

Nov 9, 2011

I was having this same issue for a while. I got around it by going to https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/reg/account/create-account!input.action?request_locale=.... After signing up, log in if you aren't automatically logged in. In the 'Devices' tab, click 'Playstation 3 Systems'. There will be a link in the right section that says 'Update Account' or something similar. Click that link. It will then ask you more questions such as what you want your handle to be, security question, etc. After completing all of the steps there, you'll get an account saying "Your account is ready to access the Playstation Network." You can then use that account to log in and play online.

Hope it helps. Good luck!

P.S. I'm not sure if this is relevant, but I live in the U.S. and was getting the same message. This is what worked for me. You may have to do this through the Korean version of the website linked above if you want a Korean account. I have no way of test that out.

Message 4 of 7 (20,954 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Nov 27, 2013

This link worked for me and I'm from Canada.

Message 5 of 7 (18,594 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 22, 2014

If u in hurry to play ,then u dont put the information that u live in korea,u type us,california,address u type aa ss zz ,post code search on internet

Message 6 of 7 (16,443 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
5230 posts

Jun 22, 2014

Please be mindful of dates before responding and necrobumping thread is now locked

Message 7 of 7 (16,416 Views)