Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2566 posts

Re: Unable to create Sub account, please help?

Nov 21, 2011

gkpama00 wrote:

You also could have created the sub-account on any PS3 or PSP console that has access to PSN.

GKP

Not if that account is for a minor.  The URL they send you in an email for parental consent doesn't work.

BTW I can't believe they still haven't fixed this.  Glad my workaround has helped everyone.

Message 11 of 16 (108 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 22, 2011

I've tried to create a sub account in my region, EU. I had the same problem as the original poster but managed to create a sub account after some trial and error. I was able to follow Twosteds guide except for the step where you select the Device tab and activate the PS3. EU users get other choices there, or if I did something weird. I get:

How to Activate a PlayStation®3 System

When I login with the sub account, I also get a prompt for "". I click the Update button, enter my master account details and get the message:

We are unable to update your account at the moment. Please try again later.

I've tried for a few days, feels like I've hit a dead end. Any tips for a frustrated Swedish PS3 user?

Message 12 of 16 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2566 posts

Nov 23, 2011

SnabbMakaron wrote:

I've tried to create a sub account in my region, EU. I had the same problem as the original poster but managed to create a sub account after some trial and error. I was able to follow Twosteds guide except for the step where you select the Device tab and activate the PS3. EU users get other choices there, or if I did something weird. I get:

How to Activate a PlayStation®3 System

When I login with the sub account, I also get a prompt for "". I click the Update button, enter my master account details and get the message:

We are unable to update your account at the moment. Please try again later.

I've tried for a few days, feels like I've hit a dead end. Any tips for a frustrated Swedish PS3 user?

You need to do just that.  Activate your PS3.  Look here for instructions on how to do that.

http://uk.playstation.com/psn/support/ps3/detail/linked236637/item308379/Activate-Deactivate-your-PS...

After your PS3 is activated it should show up under the device tab like I listed in my instructions.

Message 13 of 16 (108 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 14, 2012

OMG!!!!! YOU ARE THE SMARTEST PERSON ALIVE!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!

Message 14 of 16 (108 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 27, 2012

Thank you. I was having the same problems with creating a subacount for my son. I cant belive psn hasnt fixed the subacount link issue, all I can say at this time is DAMM and once again THANK YOU!! TWOSTED and not those LAZZY good for NOTHING PSN PEOPLE.

Message 15 of 16 (108 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 18, 2012

I am unable to create a sub-account because it will not accept email and password when I get to the step where the parental account is authorization step. Has anyone else experienced this?

Message 16 of 16 (108 Views)
0 Likes