Highlighted
Jun 05 2011
By: splashdot First Son 2 posts

Unable to create Sub account, please help?

15 replies 10269 views Edited Jun 5, 2011

Hi,

I am a new member here, and had to become one only for my 12-year old kid!!  So, please apologize if this question has already been answered elsewhere.

I heard about the outage, and while I created my account just a day before that, I am now trying to create a sub account for my son.  While everything went thru as it should, and I even got an email with a link to confirm the email authenticity and then create my sub account, I was being informed that the site is STILL under maintenance?!  The URL I was asked to follow in the email is: https://store.playstation.com/accounts/register/parentConsent.action?platform=pc

Can anyone please let me know if I could create a sub account any other way, or if I should wait for a few more days to create an account for my son?  Lastly, what is your opinion about the risk involved, if any in creating a sub account for my son at this point-in-time (with regards to the recent outage)?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 16 (10,269 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Unable to create Sub account, please help?

Jun 8, 2011

I too am having the same problem and at this point, Sony has failed to respond.  Their system is sending registration emails to the master account using the link that shows the site is down for maint.  I have asked if someone forgot to turn the lights on, and maybe my sarcasm has been a factor in their silence.  I find it lacking in customer service to generate emails instructing users to go to a site they know is down without noting that in the email.  If you hear from them, please post something here as I am watching this thread.

Thanks,

Message 2 of 16 (10,269 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2566 posts

Jun 8, 2011

Ok, I think I found a workaround.  I am not at home so I haven't been able to verify if it works.  But using this method I was able to crate a sub-account for my daughter and it says she can now login to the PSN.

Go to http://www.qriocity.com/us/en/

Sign in with your account.  Then Select the Account tab.  Then click on Sub Accounts.

Select Create Sub Account.  Fill in the info (you will need an e-mail address other than your own).  Select Continue.

Now you will get a page saying you need to confirm parental consent and an e-mail has been sent with a link.  Check your e-mail and click on the link (yes this link works).

Now you should be able to finish adding the account.

After the account is created you need to logout of your account and login with the sub account.  Select the Account tab.  Under the Account Details\Identity select edit.  Now you can create a PSN ID.  When you are done select save.  If the Username is already taken it will tell you and you will have to choose another.

And lastly, select the Devices tab.  Under devices select the PS3.  It should give you a page where you fill out your personal info.  After you fill out the info and select save you should now be able to login to the PSN using the e-mail address and password of the sub account you created.

I will confirm wether or not it works when I get home.  Everything looks like it should though.

Edit: Yup it works.  It's about time.  I've been dealing with this for a week.

Message 3 of 16 (10,269 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 10, 2011

You're a genius!

I've been getting increasingly irritated by this until I found your article. Works a treat.

Thanks

Message 4 of 16 (10,269 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 11, 2011

This is the solution.  You rock.  I called Sony 3x each timea different story....The maint page just means too much current traffic, everyone is signing into their accounts just keep trying, and no issues known at this time. 

It would figure that a customer would figure out and solve the problem Sony doesn't want to communicate.

SONY READ THIS...YOUR MASTER/SUB ACCOUNT AUTHORIZATION PAGE IS BROKEN AND NEEDS ATTENTION.  THE WORKAROUND FOUND MY TWOSTED IS TO USE QRIOCITY ACCOUNT MASTER/SUB  YOU NEED TO FIX THE PS3 MASTER/SUB PAGE!!!

Message 5 of 16 (10,269 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 15, 2011

Awesome!!  And thanks very much.  I followed your instructions, and was able to create a sub account for my 12-year old!  He's also thanked you immensely.

Message 6 of 16 (10,269 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 18, 2011

Awesome!  I appreciate this (so does my daughter), as here we are August 18, and the link STILL doesn't work!  Thanks for your problem solving skills, lol.

Message 7 of 16 (10,269 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 11, 2011

Perfect -- you nailed it -- thanks!

Message 8 of 16 (10,269 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 20, 2011

You are awesome and my kids and I thank you for sharing.

Message 9 of 16 (10,269 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
29365 posts

Nov 21, 2011

You also could have created the sub-account on any PS3 or PSP console that has access to PSN.

GKP
Message 10 of 16 (10,269 Views)
0 Likes