Jul 10 2013
By: Summoner75 First Son 1 posts

Unable to connect to PSN

3 replies 157 views Edited Jul 10, 2013

I've been trying to connect to PSN all night. I keep getting the error number 80710092. "An error has occured. You have been signed out of Playstation Network. (80710092)"

PSN is up. I reset my network. My ISP is not down. Tech support live chat isn't open yet. FAQ were not helpful.

My internet is fine. My PS3 has access to the internet. I was able to use the browser and it worked just fine. I was able to check for updates and download updates for PS Home.

Nothing about my PS3 or my network has changed.

PSN is the only thing I can't access.

I haven't seen any reports of outages except two people here on these forums. What is going on? What can I do to correct it?

The error number only leads me to help from issues back in 2011 when that DDoS nonsense went on. The few things I saw to try have not worked.

Tips? Suggestions? Help? 

It's starting to get to me if I'm honest because everyone else isn't having problems and there is no reason is should not be working.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (157 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Re: Unable to connect to PSN

Jul 10, 2013

yup, same here but slightly different - "the connection woth sony entetainment network timed out".  i was playing dust514 only an hour ago, but turned off the ps3 to walk the dogs.  when i return, this! harrumph.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (142 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 10, 2013

Same. I haven't been able to log in for like a month. I always get the same code as you two, and the second time I get (80710B36). My computer works fine with the internet, as does my cell phone and any wireless device. Everytime turn the system on, I can sign in. But if I put a game in, I get an error and am signed out.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (125 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jul 11, 2013
I don't know how much I can help you people with your connection issue, but I kinda had the same problem when my FIOS router burnt out last October, when the FIOS tech repair guy came and installed my new router I couldn't connect my PS3 to the PSNetwork even though everything else worked perfectly online (Cell Phone, I-pad touch, Laptop computer, Desktop computer, etc. all connected and worked fine). All I had to do was re-configure my internet settings, but for some weird reason if I left uPNP enabled I could NOT connect, as soon as I disabled uPNP I was able to connect just fine and I haven't encountered any problems from having uPNP disabled. So i would suggest trying to go through your internet settings in your PS3 manually and disable uPNP and see if that helps you at all. Good Luck, have fun!
Have Fun, Stay Safe, Aim, Shoot, Kill, Enjoy
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (104 Views)
0 Likes