Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 14 2013
By: funatakb First Son 3 posts

Unable to add funds with my CC; "credit card information you entered is not valid"

2 replies 126 views Edited May 14, 2013

I am currently living in Japan, and I tried to add funds using my Playstation Capital One CC.  When I go to submit my request I get this message: "the credit card information you entered is not valid."  I had online chat with support and they said it's because I am attempting to add funds from Japan.  But then I had my sister do it in America (Oregon) over the Sony Ent Network Site, and she got the same "the credit card information you entered is not valid" message.  

Please help!  I want to use my Capital One Playstation CC.  Adding funds to my PSN wallet is what I got it for!

Message 1 of 3 (126 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: Unable to add funds with my CC; "credit card information you entered is not valid"

May 14, 2013

Oh yeah, all the information I entered is correct.  I double check and triple check.  And I contacted Capital One and they said I am in good standing and there shouldn't be a problem.  So the problem is on Sony Network's side.

Message 2 of 3 (125 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6134 posts

Re: Unable to add funds with my CC; "credit card information you entered is not valid"

May 14, 2013

SONY definitely has an issue with their credit card verification program.  The billing address has to be entered exactly like on your statement, and sometimes even that won't work.   You can try calling SONY, but it is unlikely they'll help.

Can you buy a PSN card to fund your wallet - usually a sure-fire way, but more of a hassle to go out an get one at a store.

** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **
Playstation Signature photo Signature-1.jpg
MVP Terms and Conditions ______(=^‥^=)______ Forum Rules of Conduct

Message 3 of 3 (121 Views)
0 Likes