Highlighted
Aug 29 2013
By: Marmalanz First Son 2 posts
Accepted Solution

Unable to Redeem Code

5 replies 372 views Edited Aug 29, 2013

Hey there, have been unable to redeem a code for a fifty dollar PS store card.

I've looked everywhere online trying to figure this out, first came upon something that said there was maintenance today, but that's long over.

The code has been given to me by a friend, and I'm not sure if this could be causing the issue, as I live in Canada and she in the United States. She purchased a 50 dollar card on Amazon for me and gave me the redemption code, but every time I enter it (I have tried both on the PSN website and on the PS3 store itself) I am told it's incorrect or could have expired, neither of which apply because I am entering it properly and it was purchased hours ago.

Is this a common problem, or is there still a chance of maintenance intereference going on? I've tried just about everything I've seen suggested online.

Message 1 of 6 (372 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
31526 posts

Re: Unable to Redeem Code

Aug 29, 2013

A US code will not work in the Canadian Playstation Store.  The USA and Canada both use dollars, but they aren't the same dollars.  The currency of the card and the country has to match on PSN.  There is no currency conversion on PSN.

GKP
Message 2 of 6 (357 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 29, 2013

Is there any way to make a US PSN to redeem the code, download the game I want to purchase to my system, and access the game from  my Canadian account?

Message 3 of 6 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1623 posts

Aug 29, 2013

I know USA and Canada use different currency but what I dont understand is they are both Region 1 for things like DLC

Is the PSN money cards the only thing thay dont work between the 2 countries?

Message 4 of 6 (342 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 29, 2013

Marmalanz wrote:

Is there any way to make a US PSN to redeem the code, download the game I want to purchase to my system, and access the game from  my Canadian account?

Yes just like you said. Create a US PSN account then redeem the code. Download the game. As long as the US account is active on your system any games downloaded by it will be accessible by any other accounts on the system too. The only problem is coming up with a valid US address to make the account. It would probably be easier to try to exchange the card for a Canadian one thru Amazon.

Message 5 of 6 (337 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
31526 posts

Aug 29, 2013

The US and Canada are in the same region, but PSN only accepts the currency for the country that your PSN account is registered in.  You can't use a code that is denominated in a foreign currency, even if it is from another country in the same region.

GKP
Message 6 of 6 (328 Views)
0 Likes