Dec 22 2012
By: Dr_Dinosaur_MD First Son 1 posts

Unable to Connect to PSN, solutions?

1 replies 190 views Edited Dec 22, 2012

Very new to PS3, trying to re-download a purchased game because the download was corrupt. Every time I try to connect to the PSN Store now I get a message stating "Network Unavailable. Please check your network settings". When I run an internet connection test I get the following results:

Obtain IP: Success

Internet Connection: Success

Playstation Networkd: Success

UPnP: Not Available

NAT Type: Type 2

It seems to me that the system is testing a connectiong and succeeded, so I'm not sure why I can't access the store. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 2 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
18872 posts

Re: Unable to Connect to PSN, solutions?

Dec 24, 2012

Dr_Dinosaur_MD wrote:

Very new to PS3, trying to re-download a purchased game because the download was corrupt. Every time I try to connect to the PSN Store now I get a message stating "Network Unavailable. Please check your network settings". When I run an internet connection test I get the following results:

Obtain IP: Success

Internet Connection: Success

Playstation Networkd: Success

UPnP: Not Available

NAT Type: Type 2

It seems to me that the system is testing a connectiong and succeeded, so I'm not sure why I can't access the store. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

It sounds like the PSN Store was out of reach due to server issues or a short maintenance.

If it working now?

Btw, the best way to re-download your files is via the Download List:

PlayStation Network/Sign In/Account Management/Transaction Management/Download List

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 2 of 2 (156 Views)
0 Likes