[ Edited ]
5 replies 1582 views Edited Feb 25, 2013

Internet Connection Test:

Obtain IP Address     Succeeded

Internet Connection   Succeeded

PlayStation Network    Succeeded

UPnP    Not Available

NAT Type      Type 2

Connection Speed (Download)*    12.9 Mbps (Varies)

Connection Speed (Upload)*    4.8 Mbps (Varies)

*Connection speed results are estimates and are provided as a regerence only.

- Hey everyone as you can see I have a decent connection. The first 2 days I was able to connect to a certain friend of mine online (which I play with almost 90% of the time) and I noticed in those days that the UPnP was "available" and it was still NAT 2. However, after the days the connection said that the UPnP was not available, and I was not able to connect to my friend at all.  I can play online but it says when I play Black Ops 1&2 that I have my NAT Type Moderate. Not only do I have a problem connecting to him on this game, but other games such as RE5&6, Boarderlands, Dead Rising 2, and a few others that we have, but basically we can't connect to each other at all. We can still send each other messages and go on Playstation Home. However, My main issue is the UPnP availability. It is enabled on the router but somehow the PS3 does not get it. It instead says that it is not available. I've tried to set up the DMZ for my PS3 but still nothing. I disabled and enabled the UPnP on the router. Still nothing. I don't know how to do the manual port forwarding business because I don't know how to do it. And I don't want to run any risks of doing it without the knowledge. I also disabled the Media Server Connection (and some people say that this fixes the problem) but nothing! Please offer me ideas or solutions I can try out! Thanks for reading my sappy story, LOL!

Message 1 of 6 (1,582 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Re: UPnP Not Available

Feb 25, 2013

I had the same issue with UPnP but it was resolved as soon as I enabled it on the router. I would try power cycling your router after enabling UPnP to see if that helps.

Message 2 of 6 (1,561 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Feb 25, 2013

Hello, ddan9459. Unfortunantly power cycling the router wasn't a success. For the problem still persisted. However, I have resetted the router back to it's factory settings and finally the Playstation 3 was able to pick up the UPnP option. I was able to play with the friend of mine on Resident Evil 6 with some minor lags and such, but good connection. I do hope that setting the router back to it's factory settings eliminates the problem permenantly. It may not have been the most easiest or efficient option but I tried so many options so that was my last resort. Thank you for taking the time to read my post I really appreciated! Have a great day, my friend!

Message 3 of 6 (1,547 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Feb 25, 2013

I'm glad you got it sorted out. Maybe it was some obscure firewall setting?

Message 4 of 6 (1,539 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 5, 2013

Unfortunantly, the UPnP was available for about 4 days until it went back to not being available. I don't know what to do, for I have tried all of the listed solutions above. Please I need this problem fixed ASAP!!! Again, thank you for taking the time to read!

Message 5 of 6 (1,499 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3873 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 5, 2013

There may not be any thing you can do UPnP is allready well known not to be a FIXED standard. You may just have a duff coded Upnp on the Router, That crashes under load, NOT a NEW problem...
For 1 single console DMZ is normaly more stable... then manual port forwarding.... but if your router screwed up both DMZ and Upnp then manaual port forwarding setups for PS3 will be required...

port numbers are on web sites...

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm
but each time a game comes out youlll have to check for port numbers to set up...

Upnp IS the biggest risk on PC as it allows any out side application to open any port on any device when it actualy works...

So turning port forwarding on is safer than upnp... 

(The PS3 does not allow any out side connections to run any content you have to press connect manualy buy starting the apps and games.)  

PLEX APP for PS3 and PS4... free version coming soon...
NO NEED For DLNA...
Message 6 of 6 (1,492 Views)
0 Likes