Jul 05 2011
By: jonnyp777 First Son 3 posts

Trouble connecting to PSN with Netgear wgr614v6 wireless router....PLEASE HELP!!!

2 replies 142 views Edited Jul 5, 2011

I've been searching all over the place and can't figure anything out. I've had opportunity to trouble shoot only a couple things, but can't really mess around with resetting the router to much, as others in the house use it.

I need a step by step, beginning to end, everything right way to connect my PS3 to a Netgear WGR614V6 router. When I try to connect it through a lan cable (cable and ports are fine), it keeps resetting the router, over and over and over. So I can't even adjust any settings whatsoever to troubleshoot it while it's connected. So, don't know what to do. When I TRY to connect wirelessly, it only works rarely. When it does, it takes forever to connect, and once connected, the connection is very weak. Takes forever for even my friends list to load, and takes online components of games forever to load. I can rarely get connected on CoD4. The Internet is ATT DSL ELITE, and my PS3 is right next to the router, so it's not signal. Works perfectly at my home with a 2WIRE gateway.

Please, I need help in getting my PS3 connected on my girlfriends router. I cannot try a lot of things, resetting the router too much, as her dad is not very nice. I just need a simple, easy to follow, complete way to set it up right. I currently have all default settings on router, no password on the wireless, but do have access restricted via mac addresses, all automatic settings on PS3. Regardless if someone is using the home network or not, same results. Please help. Thank you.

Message 1 of 3 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1547 posts

Re: Trouble connecting to PSN with Netgear wgr614v6 wireless router....PLEASE HELP!!!

Jul 7, 2011

usually when you restrict a mac address your setting it up so only that mac address has access and all others are blocked.  Messing with a mac address can really screw up a lot of things on a router.

Message 2 of 3 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
3 posts

Re: Trouble connecting to PSN with Netgear wgr614v6 wireless router....PLEASE HELP!!!

Jul 24, 2011

nope try again. that also wouldn't explain the problem i have when it connected through a wired connection.

Message 3 of 3 (142 Views)
0 Likes