Dec 08 2011
By: Moxxidude First Son 17 posts

Trouble connecting after 4.0? Read This - Solved my issue!

4 replies 49 views Edited Dec 8, 2011

I've been vocal on this forum about how upset I was at losing my connectivity after update 4.0. I spoke to tech support, my ISP and did things to my router I didn't know possible, without any luck. My PS3 could still NOT OBTAIN an IP Address.

I finally decided to try something no one at Sony support suggested. I redownloaded the 4.0 update on a USB key and reinstalled it. And it worked. Take the link, get a USB key and go for it. Link below.

http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/ps3/pc_update/index.htm

I really, truly hope that this works for you guys if you're having the same trouble.

Message 1 of 5 (49 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Re: Trouble connecting after 4.0? Read This - Solved my issue!

Dec 8, 2011

Re-installing the update also fixed my console freezing at the XMB screen and my controller syncing issues.

Message 2 of 5 (49 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 10, 2011

Thank you very much!  This helped me.! Now i can finally obtain an IP.

Message 3 of 5 (49 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 10, 2011

That sounds great except I've been trying for the last hour to get my damn fat PS3 to see the damn file on the SD Card, USB stick, Memory Stick. I've tried all three fornats and for some reason, it keeps saying that it can't see the update file. I know that it media is good because I loaded a few pics just to make sure that the PS3 can read it.  I reformated the media with the PS3 so it has all the correct folders.  All I had to do was to drag the ps3update file into the correct folder.

Could it be that it doesn't see the file because I have to do something else?

Message 4 of 5 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2596 posts

Dec 11, 2011

JCC, go over to the knowledge center/ support section and read the information for the proper folder set-up structure, it requires specific CAPATILIZED FOLDER NAMES, then put the file into the correct folder and the ps3 should load or try to load the file properly.

color tag 001

Message 5 of 5 (49 Views)
0 Likes