Jan 19 2013
By: xMETATRONx First Son 17 posts

Trophy problem

2 replies 157 views Edited Jan 19, 2013

I played R&C Future: a crack in time when it first came out. Unlocked many of the trophies. My PS3 subsequently died and I lost all my saves. I recently played a crack in time to get the remaining trophies. Although I haven't completed the requirements for any of the trophies not unlocked yet, when I press the PS Button mid-game and bring up the trophy list, it doesn't automatically put me on a crack in time's trophy icon/page. I know that typically when you bring up the trophy list from within game it automatically puts you on the game you're playing. 

I don't want to spend the time beating everything again to get the late-game trophies I don't have yet if they're aren't going to unlock.

Has anyone else run into a similar problem?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11743 posts

Re: Trophy problem

Jan 19, 2013

The trophy list across the PlayStation Network has been modified from the past version, where automatically when you open the trophy list the game you're playing would be at the top. When I played Ratchet and Clank Future: A  Crack in Time myself, this was long before now in 2009. Being that the trophy list was redesigned in 2012, when opening the list now the game you're currently playing should be located automatically still but it also takes more time to load all the other games sandwiched on top and below, or either or (in case the game is first or last on the list).

If Ratchet and Clank doesn't come up automatically, have you tried waiting to see if the list is close to allocating it and loading up the other games on the list along with the name of the game? And if not that, you can try scrolling through the list to get to the game manually if the list doesn't call upon it automatically.

Message 2 of 3 (146 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Re: Trophy problem

Jan 19, 2013

So I've never had this problem before, even in the exact same situation. For example, before my first PS3 died I had played Demon's Souls ('09 or whenever it came out) and unlocked about half the trophies. My PS3 died, I lost my save (and game data) from Demon's Souls. Last month I put Demon's Souls in to play and pressed the PS Button, brought up the XMB, went into trophies, and I'm automatically placed on the Demon's Souls trophy page/list/icon. I then unlocked the remaining trophies in Demon's Souls no problem.

My question here is: when I booted up R&C yesterday and went to trophies from the in-game XMB I'm automatically placed on the game I played right before R&C. 

So its leading me to believe its not registering that I'm playing R&C or something so that it won't unlock the trophies I haven't got yet.

I had a similar problem when I downloaded games from PS+ from Account 1 and played them on Account 2. It wouldn't register on Account 2's trophy list that I was playing that game and sure enough I couldn't unlock trophies in those games on Account 2.

But this is a different problem since its a disk game and I have played it on this profile before and unlocked trophies.

Thanks

Message 3 of 3 (142 Views)
0 Likes