Jul 16 2012
By: gekiere First Son 14 posts

Transaction history vanished

5 replies 491 views Edited Jul 16, 2012

My transaction history from 08/01/09 to 10/18/11 has vanished from my master account.  after a couple of sessions on the phone with Sony support there is no answer.  The bottom line is i'm technically out of a few $100, since the line in the corporate script is that no entry on transaction histiry = no purchase made.  Odd, since my download list and service list is complete. Even more crazy, the support group does not accept email confirmation numbers.  One of the managers at support even patronized/insulted me by saying they could see my history, even though their colleagues working the phones couldn't.  Anyone else being taken for a ride like this?

Message 1 of 6 (491 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7089 posts

Re: Transaction history vanished

Jul 16, 2012

gekiere wrote:

My transaction history from 08/01/09 to 10/18/11 has vanished from my master account.  after a couple of sessions on the phone with Sony support there is no answer.  The bottom line is i'm technically out of a few $100, since the line in the corporate script is that no entry on transaction histiry = no purchase made.  Odd, since my download list and service list is complete. Even more crazy, the support group does not accept email confirmation numbers.  One of the managers at support even patronized/insulted me by saying they could see my history, even though their colleagues working the phones couldn't.  Anyone else being taken for a ride like this?

Did you checked your transaction history for yourself at http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/home?  Or is that just what they're telling you?  Do you have email receipts of those transactions?  Mine is seemingly correct and complete (I'm not going to check every item Smiley Tongue, but the date range matches).

Message 2 of 6 (486 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 18, 2012

Thanks for your reply!   Yes, i have looked online as well and it also shows the transaction history with the appr. first 2 years missing, unfortunately.   i only have 1 account (master acct). so it appears to be an issue with my account on the server side. 

i have all the email receipts with conformation number.  i have to say though that one of the support people told me on the phone that they will not or can not use that to retrieve information for me. not sure why that's the case.  

all my software is running correctly and i make backups, but my concern with this is for when i have to move to another system e.g. PS3 slim, or if there is a dispute about a past transaction (for instance a game expires that shouldn't, which recently happened). 

Message 3 of 6 (473 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Jul 18, 2012

i found an article on the web that discussed an issue where the entire transaction history disappeared, but it appears that affected only Europe (sometime in February 2012). i'm in the US territory.

Message 4 of 6 (469 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 28, 2015

I am a playstation plus user, two games that i got for free on playstation plus, only two of them, vanished from my transaction history and download list as well. There is no record of me downloading them at all. When in fact, i beat one of them more than once, cause i love playing it so much. Because I can't find the emails and they are missing from my transaction history, i can only assume that the people at sony cannot help me. It is sad to say. I don't know what happened. I have had them both downloaded and played them both multiple times, one day i logged on and simply couldn't play them anymore without purchasing them. :/ 

Message 5 of 6 (230 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 7, 2016
This also has happened to me. I'm not sure when the transactions disappeared, but a block of 5 months is gone. The main issue with this is that I purchased a PS Plus membership during the time that's missing from my transaction history. Suddenly my PS Plus membership disappeared as well. Now, because of the missing transaction history customer support says there is nothing they can do for me. Unfortunately, the email confirmation was deleted a long time ago and my junk folder purged it. So, no dice there. I've been dealing with this all day and I'm extremely angry. I feel your pain.
Message 6 of 6 (54 Views)
0 Likes