Highlighted
Jul 28 2013
By: Eelviss01 First Son 2 posts

Topping up PSN wallet with Paypal (payment unsuccessful)

[ Edited ]
4 replies 268 views Edited Jul 28, 2013

Im new into this wallet business, so I tried to top up my wallet with PayPal. I did select 5£ and continue to PayPal. After making the payment in PayPal, I came back to PSN, but there was still 0£ in my wallet and it said "Transaction unsuccessful". Then I checked my PayPal payments history and it did show that the payment is successful.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein.
Message 1 of 5 (268 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Topping up PSN wallet with Paypal (payment unsuccessful)

Jul 28, 2013

Bump, because I really need help.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein.
Message 2 of 5 (253 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24785 posts

Jul 28, 2013

Eelviss01 wrote:

Bump, because I really need help.

You don't need help or to bump. You should have spent your time searching the forum. You probably should have searched before posting a new thread. You Paypal address must match the address you provided when signing up for your PSN account for the transaction to succeed. Even if it does and the transaction still failed you need to take it up with Paypal. If you insist on taking it up with Sony you're not doing that by posting here. You need to call 1-800-345-7669 or use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of this page. Better yet since you're complaining about a currency other than USD use this link.

http://faq.en.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/842

Good Luck.

Message 3 of 5 (250 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Jul 28, 2013

I'm having trouble buying a game through the network today as well. Even on the PC website, if i try to refill my wallet it says invalid CC info, even though its good.

Message 4 of 5 (244 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
28739 posts

Jul 29, 2013

For the OP, the payment was sent by Paypal and accepted by Sony's system, but it failed the address check as ne1atall said, and was rejected by the wallet system.  The payment will be refunded to your Paypal account in a few days.

For the last poster, the payments system may be down for maintenance.  Try again tomorrow.  If it still doesn't work then check your credit card status.  If there is no problem with the card, then Sony may have raised the bar on card acceptance again.

GKP
Message 5 of 5 (232 Views)
0 Likes