Jul 11 2011
By: Broly3k8 First Son 5 posts

Too Many PS3's Activated, Please Help.....

3 replies 4747 views Edited Jul 11, 2011

I am a member of my nations army, and naturally do a lot of moving around, and over the course of 4 years have gone through a couple PS3's. A few times, especially when down range, ill log onto someone else's PS3 just to check my mail box, or download new Add On's for later use. There have also been times when i had no PS3 for 6-7 months and i logged onto a friends and we shared that PS3 although with different accounts.. Well I think its all caught up to me because everytime I sell, or use another PS3 then the one i primarily own, i delete my account so no one can log onto it from there, wether it is a public PS3 or a friends. I am now using a GF's PS3 because my own PS3's HDMI terminal is messed up so i cant play it because for some reason it wont automatically switch to the other cable, figuring im just going to have to buy a new one? Ok either way, im screwed because when i try to download any PSN content on my GF's PS3 it wont let me because it says i have to many PS3's activated (5), which is probably right, but i know for a fact no one is logging on to any of the other PS3's ive logged onto before. Need lots of help cause like i said ill have to buy another PS3 soon and if I cant download anything on my GF's PS3 then how am I going too with a new PS3? Plus i cant see anything on my PS3 to deactivate it.. Which sucks, if anyone knows if its possible to replace the HDMIport on the PS3 that would be helpful too, but if anyone knows how to fix this too many PS3's activated thing, that would really help a guy out.

Sorry for the weird way this post is put together but im writing in a short time frame and and anxious to get one of these problems solved. Sorry for any and all grammatical errors.

Message 1 of 4 (4,747 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Re: Too Many PS3's Activated, Please Help.....

Jul 11, 2011

If you log into a PS3 with your account AND download something, it activates that PS3 to your account.

And deleting your User/Account from that PS3 does not deactivate the PS3. In order to deactivate it, you have to logon with your PSN ID and go to the account manager and manually select to deactivate it from the System Activation option.

If you do not know which PS3s are activated to your account, or no longer have access to them, Sony is the only one that can actually reset that.  And you'll pretty much have to beg them to do it.

On your system, can you not plug in the regular multi-AV cable and try to reset the video display (pressing and holding power button until the system beeps a second time and resets)?  Maybe it is just the HDMI port that is messed up.

Message 2 of 4 (4,747 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jul 11, 2011

I can plug in the regular Multi-AV cable, but i didnt know you could reset the video display.. ill try that momentarily. The HDMI port is messed up, i guess my old HDMI cord (replaced it after if ound this out) had one of the prongs pretty messed up, it was bent and pushed back, i suppose i really messed up when i didnt know that and plugged it into my PS3, cause now the port on my PS3 has one of the little copper things in the HDMI port pushed back. Its not bent or anything, its just pushed back to where its not making the connectiong to the cord.. It blows.

Ill def be calling Sony here shortly. Do you know if you can jsut replace the whole HDMI adapter plug in thingy on the PS3, if you have the mechanical and electrical know how? Im not worried about my PS3's warrant. If anything goes wrong i know its user error and will replace it anyway.

Message 3 of 4 (4,747 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
6755 posts

Jul 11, 2011
Message 4 of 4 (4,747 Views)
0 Likes