Aug 13 2011
By: Joni_toledo First Son 2 posts

They stole from me my account PSN Help!!!

5 replies 78 views Edited Aug 13, 2011

Hello, as he says the title at 5 a.m. A.M they stole from me my account of PS3, because a user of PSN tosco10 ask my password and GO to exchange games and I gave it to him, suddenly when it closes meeting rapidly I enter to my account, already not to accede since my e-mail and change checks the e-mail several times believe and insurance that the password, the good thing is that not tape-worm card of credit associated, tape-worm 100 USD in content and PSN BONUS for one year, and the account is American if someone can help me agradeceria, Regards!!!

Message 1 of 6 (78 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40615 posts

Re: They stole from me my account PSN Help!!!

Aug 13, 2011

Joni_toledo wrote:

Hello, as he says the title at 5 a.m. A.M they stole from me my account of PS3, because a user of PSN tosco10 ask my password and GO to exchange games and I gave it to him, suddenly when it closes meeting rapidly I enter to my account, already not to accede since my e-mail and change checks the e-mail several times believe and insurance that the password, the good thing is that not tape-worm card of credit associated, tape-worm 100 USD in content and PSN BONUS for one year, and the account is American if someone can help me agradeceria, Regards!!!

Welcome to the Playstation Online Community.

I don't know if you are in the US or from another country, or even if English isn't your first language, I only ask because apart from the fact that you say you had money stolen I am having rather a lot of difficulty in understanding the rest of your question.

However I really only have one thing to say to you & that is, this should be a HUGE lesson learnt for you, NEVER EVER give your password or any other details about your PS3 account to ANYONE, I'm sorry but you really only have yourself to blame for the situation in which you now find yourself.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 6 (78 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 13, 2011

I am of Argentine but I have an account registered in The United States

Then as you say there is no way of recovering her?

Message 3 of 6 (78 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40615 posts

Aug 13, 2011

Joni_toledo wrote:

I don't think so no, sorry.

P.S. Never Ever give your password to ANYONE EVER AGAIN.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 4 of 6 (78 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
30147 posts

Aug 16, 2011

Joni_toledo wrote:

Actually, there might be.  If you know the date-of-birth, and the answer to the security question, that you set when you created the account; then you should be able to call SCEA on the phone, provide the security information and the screen name, and have them reset the password and change the e-mail address. They may not choose to do it, but it is your only hope.  Once the account is created, PSN never displays the security information; so the person that stole your account doesn't know it, and can't change it. If you know it, you should be able to get your account back, if you can get past a few other issues.

Those are...

1. SCEA customer service only has a toll-free phone number, 800-345-SONY, because all callers are supposed to be in the US or Canada.  You probably won't be able to call the toll free number directly from Argentina; but you should be able to solve that problem with a US Skype account.
  2. Sharing your PSN password is against PSN rules.  It would be best to not mention to SCEA customer service that this happened because you were sharing Playstation Store games with a stranger (also against the rules), if you can avoid it.  Just say that you reformatted your Go's memory, and you forgot the login information; or your console was stolen, or something like that.  Those things have happened here many times.
  3. As a resident of Argentina, you aren't even allowed to have a US PSN account; and you must have lied about what country you live in to create one, which is also against PSN rules.  It would be best to not mention to customer service that you are Argentine either.  Plenty of people living in the United States don't know English as well as you do, and Sony almost certainly has customer support representatives that speak Spanish. Just don't tell them that you don't live in the United States.
GKP
Message 5 of 6 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5377 posts

Aug 16, 2011

Give me your credit card number and I can fix it.*

*Joke

Message 6 of 6 (78 Views)
0 Likes