May 15 2011
By: ceb First Son 1 posts

The promised free credit monitoring

19 replies 114 views Edited May 15, 2011

Has anyone received an "activation email" re AllClear ID Plus?  The May 5 announcement said they would start going out "over the next few days."

Message 1 of 20 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
79 posts

Re: The promised free credit monitoring

May 15, 2011

I don't know. I think I did, but it's not in my inbox any more. Or else I remember reading about it on the psn blog and thinking I had something in my email. The funny things is I recall having like three different emails from Sony about the breach but I only found one. Maybe somebody deleted the email from my account???

Message 2 of 20 (114 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

May 15, 2011

The last email I've gotten was dated March 5, 2011 (New Terms of Service and User Agreement). I didn't even get an email notice of the hack/PSN being offline. Smiley Sad

I too have been watching for this offer.

I thought perhaps the email would be triggered by logging into PSN once it was back up, but I've applied the firmware update and changed my password - no email as yet.

Message 3 of 20 (114 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 16, 2011

I too was wondering the same thing, I have only gotten one email from Sony, and that was like a week or more After the hack. I thought we were going to get the email for the credit monitoring just a few days after they posted the info on the blog, but I haven't gotten anything either. I hope they send the emails out soon!

If anyone has gotten the email about the credit monitoring sign up, I too would like to know.

Message 4 of 20 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1427 posts

May 16, 2011

Another Sony PR failure. There is really no reason why they could NOT have started sending out e-mails on the day they first announced this particular program. IF they wanted to wait until the network was back up and everyone was a bit settling in (a certain percentage may change their e-mail address) that is OK, but TELL US. Instead we are faced with a very similar black hole... like I said, a PR FAIL.

0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1186 posts

May 16, 2011

I was wondering the same thing

Get your Portable ID!

KingAlchemy13 Trophy Card
Message 6 of 20 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
209 posts

May 16, 2011

KingAlchemy13 wrote:

I was wondering the same thing

I was wondering about this too. I almost started a new thread on it, so I am glad someone did. As someone mentioned, they announced this on the 5th. I was going through my e-mail last night and couldn't find this one. I am kinda glad to see that others are asking about it also. I was afraid I might have deleted it by accident. I sent an e-mail to tech support. I will report back if I hear anything.

I plan to take advantage of this. Is everyone else?

Message 7 of 20 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1427 posts

May 16, 2011

At this point it almost seems they are waiting for the "hackers" to start stealing identities...

Now I DO find that a bit hard to believe, but the longer they wait, the more the chance increases that thefts will take place. It's like you fell down with an apparent heart attack and the ambulance guys think they can have their lunch break first before transporting you.

Hmmm, that actually is a pretty good analogy... the theft of our data like we had a heart attack... Sony said they'd help us out by offering this plan (a ride to the hospital) and are currently twiddling their thumbs while we writhe on the gurney!

0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 16, 2011

After speaking to a cust support rep on 5/13/11 he stated that it will be a few days after the network is up before they start sending the emails about the free credit monitoring.

Message 9 of 20 (114 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

May 20, 2011

I still havn't received mine yet either... 

Message 10 of 20 (114 Views)
0 Likes