First Son
4 posts

Re: The promised free credit monitoring

May 25, 2011

Just got the email

AllClear ID powered by Debix

Identity Theft Protection Offer for PlayStation®Network and Qriocity™ Customers

Sony Computer Entertainment and Sony Network Entertainment have made arrangements with Debix to offer AllClear ID PLUS to eligible PlayStation®Network and Qriocity account holders in the United States who are concerned about identity theft.

AllClear ID PLUS is a premium identity protection service that uses advanced technology to deliver alerts to help protect you from identity theft. The service also provides identity theft insurance coverage and hands-on help from expert fraud investigators.

Sony has arranged, at no charge to eligible PlayStation®Network and Qriocity account holders, for twelve months of this service to be provided by Debix to those who choose to enroll. In order to be eligible, account holders must be residents of the United States with active accounts as of April 20, 2011.

If interested, please submit your email address by June 28, 2011, at 11:59:59 PM CST at:us.playstation.com/news/consumeralerts/identity-theft-protection.

Please note, you must enter the same email address used to register your PlayStation®Network or Qriocity account. Once your email address is validated, you will be sent your AllClear ID PLUS activation code.

Sincerely,

Sony Computer Entertainment & Sony Network Entertainment

Message 11 of 20 (76 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 25, 2011

I got the email too.

Unfortunately for me, my email address has a "-" (dash) in it and the sign up form does not allow me to type this character!

I sent an email to support, let's see what they reply.

Message 12 of 20 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1427 posts

May 26, 2011

At least the process has started... haven't gotten the e-mail but did catch this:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/25/identity-theft-protection-offer-for-playstation-network-an...

0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8174 posts

May 26, 2011

Yes, I received my email yesterday as well and signed up immediately.

Message 14 of 20 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
198 posts

May 26, 2011

I'm not signing up for this... Sort of a waste when they got no one's CC info in the first place.  Sony just played it safe saying for everyone to change you cc info. 

Message 15 of 20 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2507 posts

May 26, 2011

KnightsOnline wrote:

I'm not signing up for this... Sort of a waste when they got no one's CC info in the first place.  Sony just played it safe saying for everyone to change you cc info. 

its not just for Sony, its for all of your credit, too make sure that you are alerted if you anything affects your credit report, Its a good service to have and for free thats gravey.

"You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike."
 photo original_1.gif
Message 16 of 20 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12787 posts

May 26, 2011

Identity Theft Protection Offer for PlayStation Network and Qriocity Customers

Posted: 25 May 2011 05:26 PM PDT

Starting today, PlayStation Network and Qriocity account holders in the United States can begin the enrollment process for the identity theft protection program by visiting http://us.playstation.com/news/consumeralerts/identity-theft-protection/. We are also notifying customers of the enrollment landing page via email, which you will receive in your inbox this week.

As previously announced, Sony Computer Entertainment and Sony Network Entertainment have made arrangements with Debix to offer the AllClear ID PLUS identity theft protection program to PlayStation Network and Qriocity customers who are concerned about identity theft following the criminal cyber attack on the network. AllClear ID PLUS is a premium identity protection service that uses advanced technology to deliver alerts to help protect you from identity theft. The service also provides identity theft insurance coverage and hands-on help from expert fraud investigators. Sony has arranged, at no charge to eligible PlayStation Network and Qriocity account holders, for twelve months of this service to be provided by Debix to those who choose to enroll.

In order to be eligible, account holders must be residents of the United States with active accounts as of April 20, 2011.

Message 17 of 20 (76 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jun 17, 2011

I have not still waiting

Message 18 of 20 (76 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jun 17, 2011

I did this when I first got the email and have yet to get a code to activate the service.

Message 19 of 20 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
6 posts

Jun 18, 2011

I would do it. If your info is stolen and you do not find out about it for a while it is a pain in the a%& to get everything fixed. Plus if it's for free, its for me... lol

Message 20 of 20 (76 Views)
0 Likes