Aug 04 2013
By: lasdjflsdf First Son 1 posts

The online ID cannot be used

2 replies 883 views Edited Aug 4, 2013

Hello.

It's a very strange problem, so I decided to write here.

So, I tried to create a PSN account - however, an error appeared, that this ID can't be used. Because I want to use very unusual name, that is available on every other site I ever registered except PSN, I created another account just to try if the desired nickname is really used.  So I went to this sit: http://us.playstation.com/community/mytrophies/ and typed there the name I want. Oddly enough, it shows me there is no user with that nick. I thought if it doesn't violate rules. Because it's compound from two words, I tried to verify each word separately. Both words are registered, so it means it doesn't violate them. Then I really don't understand why I can't use wanted nickname, I use it on every other site.

Thank you for any answer, I don't know what to do.

Message 1 of 3 (883 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39975 posts

Re: The online ID cannot be used

Aug 4, 2013

lasdjflsdf wrote:

Hello.

It's a very strange problem, so I decided to write here.

So, I tried to create a PSN account - however, an error appeared, that this ID can't be used. Because I want to use very unusual name, that is available on every other site I ever registered except PSN, I created another account just to try if the desired nickname is really used.  So I went to this sit: http://us.playstation.com/community/mytrophies/ and typed there the name I want. Oddly enough, it shows me there is no user with that nick. I thought if it doesn't violate rules. Because it's compound from two words, I tried to verify each word separately. Both words are registered, so it means it doesn't violate them. Then I really don't understand why I can't use wanted nickname, I use it on every other site.

Thank you for any answer, I don't know what to do.

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

You'll never know why some PSN ID's canmot be used & some can, even though it may appear to not violate the terms & conditions there may be another reason why Sony / the system doesn't allow it, sorry.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 3 (882 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1623 posts

Re: The online ID cannot be used

Aug 4, 2013

could be a name that was registered and that user had their account banned, that could be why it doesnt show int the trophy searcb

Message 3 of 3 (874 Views)
0 Likes