Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
2 posts

Re: The funds could not be added to your wallet. (56)

Nov 6, 2012

Same thing happened to me yesterday.  However, I actually added funds moment before to get that Marvel Origins which was only fun for a bout 15 minutes since I've played it to death in the past.  But then I tried to add more funds to get some more DLC and then the error codes 56 and 2.  I figured maybe the system was downed, but this is the second day.  It doesn't even work at the qriocity.com site either. 

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 29 (3,357 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
100 posts

Nov 6, 2012
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 29 (3,307 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 6, 2012

I'm not sure what you're linking to.  The hurricane?  If so, that doesn't explain why I was able to add funds days after the hurricane and within in the same afternoon, like maybe within the hour (and to this second), I can't.  I wonder if this is some ploy to buy more gift cards. I wouldn't mind it I was going to buy something more than $20, but I'm not.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 29 (3,305 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 7, 2012
Im also having this issue.
This is day 2.

I live in Winnipeg Mb.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 29 (3,040 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 7, 2012

Tried to buy Mass Effect today.

Got an error message instead.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 29 (3,033 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 15, 2012

I don't know how Sony is still in business. I see that GTA San Andreas is available for PS3, SWEET!! So I try to purchase it. I get the 'Funds could not be added' error. Of course, the error gives users absolutely no clue what the issue is. So I Google the error code and find this thread. I try to sign on with my account but get errors at sign on despite the fact that my password is obviously correct or I wouldn't have been able to sign on to PSN to see the game that I mysteriously cannot purchase. *sigh* So I change my password for my PSN account. STILL CAN"T SIGN ON to this forum with no indication why!  So I register a NEW ACCOUNT but I get errors on UserName selection but the error AGAIN gives the user absolutely no idea why the username was rejected despite the fact that it fulfilled the requirements listed in the 'Help' section. Finally I come up with something that passes the mysterious screening process. At this point, I don't WANT to give Sony any of my money.

Sony, you suck. No wonder XBox is trouncing you. Do some f****** testing!

EDIT: It gets better! So now when I try to get the PS Store again I get an error because my password was changed (see above) but, get this, the Back function doesn't work! LMAO So I'll have to reboot my PS3 to get beyond this invalid password errror. I work in the tech field and if we fielded a product like this we'd all be fired. This is beyond unacceptable, clearly no one tests this **bleep**.

EDIT 2: OK so the issue was an expired card, simple as that. I know Sony is probably paranoid about security and doesn't want to give hackers clues but COME ON! how compromising can it be to TELL users the card is expired?! BTW the billing info is under PSN>Account Management>Billing Info. 

what a ridiculously unnecessary stressor this was

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 29 (2,860 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 19, 2012

Ok guys, it's really sad that the PSN isn't working right for quite some time. I don't even understand why an error like that can't be solved yet... 

I encountered this error too when I wanted a DLC for FFXIII-2. I actually found a way to get past the problem (if your looking to buy 
addon DLC). I did try to go to the downloadable content FROM the game in the main menu. It seems that the "Auto-refund" would work when you have unsuficient funds (in the transaction details it  automaticly informs that they would add 5$ to your wallet).
It just worked when I accepted.

Again, I guess you would need to have a DLC menu in your game . I don't garantee it would work 100%, but it did for me, for FFXIII-2 anyway. 

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 29 (2,751 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 19, 2012

I'm getting this error now. Great x.x. Anyone else still getting it? I wanted to buy some DLC :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 29 (2,745 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 20, 2012

I cannot add funds to my wallet.  Through the Playstation Store, I get "The funds could not be added to your wallet. (56)

I also tried adding funds through the sony entertainment network.  I get "The credit card information is not valid.  Please check your entries carefully."

The card is fine, the information is fine.  I've used the card many times before, I've re-checked my info repeatedly.  This is very frustrating.  It is very inconvenient to not be able to use the Playstation Store.  I shouldn't have to go buy a $50 PSN card when I don't want to spend that much

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 29 (2,698 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 25, 2012
havin same prob...
Y dont u fix this???
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 29 (2,512 Views)
0 Likes