Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
1 posts

Re: TD Visa Debit Card

Dec 10, 2012
Canadian here as well. It's a shame that Sony wont accept our Visa debit cards (and other credit debit cards). I was just about to throw 120 bucks at them. Instead, I think I'll just buy a 120 dollar rock. It won't even serve a purpose. It'll just sit there. I probably won't even pay it any attention after it's been delivered to my house and rolled into my my living room. It will be literally the worst purchase I've ever made.

But it'll still be more useful than the Playstation Store.
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 49 (4,047 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Dec 10, 2012
Same here. The info I have entered is correct (as I am not a 5 year old who can't remember his own address and all), and the same card works on every single other site upon which I have tried it. The card supports AVS or whatever they use. Also, the suggestion that I go to a store and purchase a PSN card is unacceptable as well, as I'm in the sticks, and the closest store at which I can purchase one is ohhh, a 40 minute drive away. Just fix your system so that it works like 99% of those in the online world, Sony.
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 49 (4,044 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jan 21, 2013

I added funds to my wallet from my paypal account which uses my visa debit to directly withdraw from my bank account hope this helps!

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 49 (3,763 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Jan 31, 2013
it can't be used for automatic funding like a card can but at least your not stuck going to the store just to buy a $20 card when you're only a few bucks short. As for those of us who need automatic funding, has anyone had any luck w/ prepaid visa cards?
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 49 (3,685 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 1, 2013

Prepay will not work. They verify credit/debit cards through the address and most prepay do not have an address.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 49 (3,667 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 1, 2013
Prepaid cards when you first get them have no address and as such won't work w/ online shopping. however some can be registered with an address and name for that purpose. However, it's pretty iffy and some work and some don't.
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 49 (3,663 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 22, 2013
The visa debit card will NOT work on Canadian websites, I talked to my bank and they said this card will not work on any Canadian website, but it will work on any US websites, and unfortunately this is an Canadian website
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 49 (3,341 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 12, 2013
Had the same problem as everyone else here. Tried using a Visa Debit to add funds to wallet which didn't work, which is how I ended up here in the first place.

What does work though is to add your visa debit to your paypal account, then go to the Sony Entertainment Account site on your PC and add funds to your wallet via paypal, which will debit your visa debit card for the amount you want to add. No need to add funds to your Paypal account for it to work either.
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 49 (3,028 Views)
First Son
4 posts

[ Edited ]
May 31, 2013

It really is sad that I had to login for the first time in a while just to Kudos sn0mans comment.

I wish Sony would fix this problem because I too, was looking for some sort of fix since my TD visa debit wouldn't work. Thanks sn0man

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 49 (2,944 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 4, 2013

atcheynum89 wrote:
The visa debit card will NOT work on Canadian websites, I talked to my bank and they said this card will not work on any Canadian website, but it will work on any US websites, and unfortunately this is an Canadian website

Actually, I think the bank is confused on this one... The TD VISA Debit Card actually works fine for any online purchase -- even TD's own web site indicates this. It's only in retail stores in Canada (e.g. when shopping in person), that it cannot be used as a VISA card. However, that's usually irrelevant since it's also still an Interac card.  The obvious idea here is that they still want you to use the Interac network rather than the VISA network whenever possible.

I've used my TD VISA Debit Card online with numerous other Canadian sites, both for purchasing physical goods as well as for online services such as iTunes and Netflix without any problems.  Only Sony seems to have an issue with it. My hunch is that there's some algorithm on their end that doesn't recognize the newer-style four-digit prefix used by these cards, as it does differ significantly from the prefix used for traditional Canadian VISA cards.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 49 (2,884 Views)
0 Likes