Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
9 posts

Re: TD Visa Debit Card

Aug 31, 2012
Mines not working either, and all of my info is correct. Help please!
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 50 (8,067 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Sep 6, 2012
Yeah, my RBC Virtual Visa debit card doesn't work either. It also keeps asking for a valid card number, which it IS. All the info is also correct, so there is obviously something going on where the PSN doesn't accept it, or there wouldn't be a number of us who can't use them.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 50 (8,050 Views)
First Son
15 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 14, 2012

Same here! As of September 13 2012, RBC visa debit cards are not accepted by PSN. PSN doesn't recognize the card number.

Well, if Sony is not interested in my money despite saying it's accepting Visa debit cards with the official Visa logo, fine!

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 50 (8,017 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Nov 2, 2012

why hasnt this been fixed? 

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 50 (7,733 Views)
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 2, 2012

I'm not buying a 100$ PSN card  to buy a 60 dollar game and I'd appreciate not having to travel to store that sells the game when I have a perfectly fine TD debit visa card that works every where else online. 

The store was just updated recently and this still hasnt been fixed. You would think this would be a big issue... people not being able to purchase stuff online because the system thinks you entered your information wrong. Its either that or your answers wrong and you do not support TD  Debit Visa Cards. 

Please find an accurate answer before you tell me to write my info correctly.. because I've done that and its not working. So has everyone else who posted under this thread. 

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 50 (7,731 Views)
Lombax Warrior
100 posts

Nov 2, 2012
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 50 (7,712 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2012

As of December 4, 2012, PSN still does NOT accept RBC Virtual Debit cards from Visa. That's too bad, Sony. If you don't want my money I'll go someplace else.

And yes, before I'm told to do so, I have entered all my information accurately, 100% word for word from my statement. I tried both on PC and on the console. It's sad when a service that I want to use (was about to buy a year of PS+) is so ignorant in that it leaves me completely hanging. Not even Microsoft did that. That's a bad miss, Sony. Bad miss...

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 50 (7,397 Views)
Lombax Warrior
271 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 7, 2012

Yeah, I am in the same boat, but with TD Visa debit card. I have gone to the http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com link and entered my billing info EXACTLY as it appears on my invoice(all uppercase as it appears on my bill. Regular case as well) to no avail. I have tried every conceivable combination and it just refuses to work. I have made countless purchases online, so I know the card is good.

I would definitely spend more money on PSN if it worked. I am not keen on the PSN cards.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 50 (7,352 Views)
First Son
11 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 7, 2012

I sent a support ticket to Sony a few days ago and a reply came back that indeed if anybody is using these cards the only alternative is the retail cards. Which leads me to wonder why only Sony has this problem...

If you are in the United States, Amazon sells instant codes, meaning you can buy a code for $20 or $50 and receive the code by email instead of a physical card... which is great and all but I'm in Canada so it's useless to me.

Well, they just lost one customer. Not going to invest in a company that doesn't try and accomodate as many customers as they can. They just comes off as really indifferent to the needs of their customers.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 50 (7,345 Views)
Lombax Warrior
271 posts

Dec 9, 2012

Got this from another post. Not sure if correct or not, but sounds plausible;

PSN won't accept any credit or debit card whose confirmed billing or mailing address is not located in the country or region that that Playstation Store is intended to serve.  Therefore, his credit and debit cards will not work.

In other words, we'd need a Canadian PSN store in order for our cards to work. 

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 50 (7,308 Views)
0 Likes