Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 12 2012
By: MZ_LAZ-3 First Son 4 posts

System update 4.25

13 replies 1636 views Edited Sep 12, 2012

Hi. I'm having a problem with the system update. Everytime I try to update my PS3, it stops downloading at 99% and then it gives me error code "8002f310"? What does this mean? 

Message 1 of 14 (1,636 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: System update 4.25

Sep 12, 2012
8002F310: Unable to Update
There was an issue updating the PS3.
Turn off and unplug the power from the PS3 and wait 10 seconds before powering back on.
Turn on the PS3 and try to update the system again.
If you still have problems, you will have to send your system in for service.
Message 2 of 14 (1,323 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Updated to 4.25, now i can't sign in

Sep 12, 2012

I can no longer sign into psn. when i do a connection test it says it can't find my IP address, but my internet is working fine and it worked a minute before on ps3 when i downloaded the update. any help?

Message 3 of 14 (1,024 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 12, 2012

im having the same proble, it dowloads to 99% then freezes. tried updating it automatically and via usb but nothing changes, i also tried reformatiing my HDD. **bleep** sony this is really pain in the **bleep** can any one pls help me with this?

Message 4 of 14 (1,126 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Sep 12, 2012

Reformat and install 4.21 again, it seems 4.25 is bugged.

Message 5 of 14 (1,112 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Playstation Network Login

Sep 13, 2012
Every time I try to log into the Playstation Network using my PS3 an error message comes up (80710092). I've read the suggestions and even called texh support althoughI know it can't be a problem with my internet connection. The internet browser works fine and I've done several internet connection tests. I get an IP address fine subsequently the internet connection but when the test gets to the Playstation Network part it fails every time saying the ID or password are incorrect. That can't be it. I even changed it today just in case but the same error message pops up and the same failure occurs during the internet connection test. I did whay the tech guy told me to do and turned off the modem and PS3 for more than two minutes. That didn't work and the same thing keeps happening. My system is up-to-date and the playstation media server is disabled. I don't know what's wrong much less how to fix it, could someone help?
Message 6 of 14 (1,007 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Re: Playstation Network Login

Sep 13, 2012

i have  had the exact same problem for a while ,and there is nothing wrong with my system either ,yesterday it did a system update and everything seemed fine ,it even loaded the home page and later wouldnt sign in at all ,then later it told me there was another update so i took the PS3 into the other room and connected directly  to my router (ethernet cable) and it told me i was up to date ,if there are some problems at the sony end i understand and will be patient ,but why  why why wont sony just tell us,iv been going to a lot of trouble thinking the problem is mine ,and it isnt 

Message 7 of 14 (992 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Sep 13, 2012
Actually, yeah. I had to do the same thing. I was prompted to update the system as well. Although I was having the same issue before the update. I was told by the tech support guy that if it wasn't fixed by the rebooting of the system (turning the power off for two minutes) then it might be a Sony server problem, but no one else seems to have the same problem. At least not in any significant numbers.
Message 8 of 14 (961 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Updated to 4.25 - Now I can't play online at all.

Sep 13, 2012

I , like many others went ahead with the 4.25 update.

Immediately, I found myself unable to log in for almost two hours after the 4.25 update. 

Now I can sign in [sometimes] and when I do my friends list doesn't load entirely - and I can't play any games online. I first tried Dark Souls, which I'd been playing heavily and put well over 100 hours[playing online] into the week before this update.I also had been playing the RE6 Demo and now that doesn't work online either.

No changes to my internet were made during or prior to this issue- only the 4.25 Update happened and the entire boat sank after that. 

I waited a day or so, because apparently this connection issue isn't related to 4.25- but it's simply too coincidental for me. I played online just as much as any other ps3 addicted person prior to this update, and now I can't do anything. No soul signs in Dark Souls, games disconnecting instantly on RE6. This is ludicrous.

Message 9 of 14 (1,027 Views)
First Son
11 posts

Sep 14, 2012

You guys aren't alone in this. My entire PS3 to PSN Connection is in shambles since 4.25. I can't play a single game online.

Message 10 of 14 (951 Views)
0 Likes