May 04 2013
By: Venomex720 First Son 1 posts

System Deactivation

3 replies 221 views Edited May 4, 2013

Hey Guys,

I recently sent my PS3 System away to Sony to be refurbished/replaced and it ended up being replaced. As a result of this I am unable to deactivate my System directly and cannot currently access any downloaded content from the PSN store. Videos and Music are both also activated on said broken PS3. I have used my 'All systems deactivation' in the past 6 months as my password was compromised and I was forced to change it and reset my accounts activation status for all consoles. I would be very grateful if my accounts activation status could be reset so I can begin downloading my old games for my new PS3.

Many Thanks,

Justin

Message 1 of 4 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Re: System Deactivation

May 4, 2013
Message 2 of 4 (218 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator (Retired)
3364 posts

May 4, 2013

Moved from PlayStation® General.

Message 3 of 4 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
29436 posts

May 4, 2013

No one reading the forums has the ability to reset your activations.  You have to contact Playstation customer support via phone or live chat (https://support.us.playstation.com/app/contact_options) during business hours, for all activation requests.  As far as I know there are no exceptions to the six month limit on online console deactivations, and you can't do it more frequently by calling. It doesn't hurt to ask, but they won't necessarily do it.  You may have to wait until the six months are over.  You get two PS3 game activations at a time.  You explained what happened to one of them. What about the second one? Video and music deactivations can't be done online.  You always have to contact customer support for those, and you can't do that in the forum.

GKP
Message 4 of 4 (195 Views)
0 Likes