Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 12 2012
By: BG808s First Son 22 posts
Accepted Solution

Super Stardust HD will no longer install?!

5 replies 433 views Edited Dec 12, 2012

I recently bought a new super slim ps3, I can download all of my old content and all of them install fine as well so far, except for Super Stardust HD. Is there some bug with the new store so that this game no longer works??

When I try to install it, I only get this weird question if I want to copy it to my PSP (which I've never seen before, and I don't even have a PSP), and if I select 'No' and click 'X' it simply quits the installation back to the XMB. Another weird issue is that for some reason there's some kind of blip on the left side of the "game download bubble", which I also have never seen before...

Message 1 of 6 (433 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17773 posts

Re: Super Stardust HD will no longer install?!

[ Edited ]
Dec 13, 2012

Redownload thru your download list under account management on the XMB.

Edited: off-topic content removed

Message 2 of 6 (425 Views)
First Son
22 posts

Dec 12, 2012

ne1atall wrote:

You've been here since 2008 and never discovered the forum search bar? This has been answered many,many,many,many,many,many,many,many,many,many,many,many,many,many,many,many,many,many,many,many,many,many,many,many,many,manymany,times already. Redownload thru your download list under account management on the XMB.

Actually, I searched both from google & on here multiple times before posting and couldn't find a single thread about Super Stardust HD not installing, so no need for that remark thanks... Please link to those many many times it's been answered.

And apparently you didn't even bother to read my post considering I just said I bought a NEW PS3 and JUST redownloaded the game, TWICE, with the exact same problem. Do you have something a bit more constructive to suggest?

Message 3 of 6 (419 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Dec 13, 2012

Just tried again from my download list on the PSN Store, same problem. I also tried downloading some other old games and noticed that Wipeout HD has the exact same problem, after googling on that I was able to find this guy who had the same problem, almost two months ago, with the solution at the end of the thread:

'Some smart guy at the EU community forum seems to have found a solution, we can just go to Account Management -> Transaction Management -> Download List, where we find the good old download list. 

I'm downloading atm and the full game unlock installed right away and the download looks good so for, no weird PS+ bubble. Happy gaming!

Edit: WipeOut HD is now alive and kicking on my PS3!'

ne1atall Would it really have killed you to spend the extra two seconds to tell me that?? Gotta love how this has been answered 'many many many (insert a gazillion more) times and you still can't answer the question properly, and that Sony still hasn't bothered to fix the problem, almost two months later... sheesh!

Message 4 of 6 (405 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 13, 2012

Anyway I was able to solve the problem, no thanks to any of you, and somehow I had no trouble with my reading comprehension reading the simple answer from the other thread, maybe it was the no nonsense two-line answer that did it, without insults thrown in for good measure? Nah...

I'm done with this, merry x-mas to you gentlemen.

Edit: off-topic content removed

Message 5 of 6 (377 Views)
MVP Support
17773 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 13, 2012

Anyway I was able to solve the problem, no thanks to any of you, and somehow I had no trouble with my reading comprehension reading the simple answer from the other thread, maybe it was the no nonsense two-line answer that did it, without insults thrown in for good measure? Nah...

I'm done with this, merry x-mas to you gentlemen.

Sorry for the late reply and sorry I'm out of kudos johngie. Anyway you say you solved your problem no thanks to us. Please tell us how. :smileyhappy: I'll be looking forward to your reply.

Edit: off-topic content removed

Also, a solution had been found, so the thread has been locked. :smileyhappy: -space_cape!!

Message 6 of 6 (367 Views)
0 Likes