Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 19 2013
By: masonimore First Son 13 posts

Sub-account transfer

5 replies 177 views Edited Mar 19, 2013

Hey,

I have this question:  just when I going to try buying a game off the PSN store I realized that I am still on a sub account. Is there a way to have me transfer my info and user name and password and pretty much everything to a master account? Please anyone help me this is getting annoying that a 24 year old guy can't just buy a game he has to ask his dad to pay for it really that's pretty pathetic!  

Message 1 of 6 (177 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30434 posts

Re: Sub-account transfer

[ Edited ]
Mar 19, 2013

masonimore wrote:

Hey,

I have this question:  just when I going to try buying a game off the PSN store I realized that I am still on a sub account. Is there a way to have me transfer my info and user name and password and pretty much everything to a master account? Please anyone help me this is getting annoying that a 24 year old guy can't just buy a game he has to ask his dad to pay for it really that's pretty pathetic!  

Sorry but sub-accounts cannot then be made into master-accounts, your only option is to create a new account, but you would lose all your trophies earned thus far.

I have sympathy for your situation & I think it's something Sony should consider in the near future.

BRIT-KO

Message 2 of 6 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
258 posts

Mar 19, 2013

You really shouldn't have to ask anyone to help you make any purchases. Your sub account is most likely set up with the default parental controls. Having the Master account change the settings, will enable you to be able to play the PS3 without any restrictions, or supervision.    https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/184/kw/sub%20accounts

Message 3 of 6 (164 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15608 posts

Mar 19, 2013

SgtDewy wrote:

You really shouldn't have to ask anyone to help you make any purchases. Your sub account is most likely set up with the default parental controls. Having the Master account change the settings, will enable you to be able to play the PS3 without any restrictions, or supervision.    https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/184/kw/sub%20accounts

This has nothing to do with parental controls.  PSN sub-accounts don't have wallets, at all. They use the wallet of the Master account that they were created for.  Only master accounts have wallets, and a sub-account can never be converted into a master account, so it will never have a wallet of its own.  That means that the OP can only spend his parent's funds from this account.  It is intended that you create a new master account when you turn 18 (or whatever the age of majority is in your country).  Nothing can be transferred from your old sub-account, so you have to start over with trophies, ranks, and perks.  You can still use your old sub-account if you choose; but it will always have the same limitations. If you are using a PS3, then you can continue to use any games, and most DLC, that was purchased by the sub-account, with the new master account also.

GKP
Message 4 of 6 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
258 posts

Mar 20, 2013

Experiance tells me otherwise, but whatever makes your world turn.

Message 5 of 6 (143 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Mar 22, 2013

Alrighty then thanks guys

Message 6 of 6 (100 Views)
0 Likes