Apr 25 2013
By: Samex11 First Son 2 posts

Sub Account permanent?

4 replies 181 views Edited Apr 25, 2013

Okay I'm 17 but when I turn 18 in a few months I will still be a sub account?? Is there any way I could email or call them so that they can make me a master account once I turn 18? Or am I permanently a sub account? I seriously want to know because if not then I would rather make a master account and play off that with a fake age.

Message 1 of 5 (181 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Sub Account permanent?

Apr 25, 2013

Like can i delete my email off the sub account and re use it

Message 2 of 5 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Apr 25, 2013

You cant update the account in any way that I am aware of.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 3 of 5 (176 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Apr 25, 2013

Samex11 wrote:

Okay I'm 17 but when I turn 18 in a few months I will still be a sub account?? Is there any way I could email or call them so that they can make me a master account once I turn 18? Or am I permanently a sub account? I seriously want to know because if not then I would rather make a master account and play off that with a fake age.

Unfortunately, "Sub-Accounts" are permanent. Smiley Sad

There is no way to upgrade them to a "Master Account."

I tried.

I had created a PSN account for my brother in 2007 (just in case somebody else took his PSN ID before he got a PS3)

When he finally got around to getting one, we sadly found out the account I had created for him was a Sub, an he could not upgrade it. (I contacted Sony.)

Hopefully Sony fixes this issue when the PS4 comes out. :fingers crossed:

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 4 of 5 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
28768 posts

Apr 25, 2013

Samex11 wrote:

Like can i delete my email off the sub account and re use it

You can change the e-mail address of the sub-account to something else in the Account Management app.  That will allow you to use the first e-mail address with a different PSN account.  A sub-account will always be a sub-account.  Legally it isn't even your account.  It belongs to your parents. If you decide to use a fake age, try to be smarter than most of the other kids, and use one that you won't forget.  Here's a suggestion.  Use one of your parents' birth dates.

GKP
Message 5 of 5 (159 Views)
0 Likes