Jun 04 2011
By: rramsdell Treasure Hunter 5381 posts

Store issues

16 replies 15 views Edited Jun 4, 2011

Still having issues with the store. keep getting error codes.  My provider is fine. 

Message 1 of 17 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2000 posts

Re: Store issues

Jun 4, 2011

its the sheer amount of traffic. if its the Welcome Pack promo you're after. Go to Account Management, select Transaction History and then choose Services List. scroll until you find the Welcome Back Promotion. you can claim your freebies there instead of the store. you'll likely be hit with error codes along the way...but press onward and keep trying and you'll get through with your games in no time...well, not really...it'll probably take some time...traffic and all.

EDIT: appears i was beaten to the punch. Well Played, Conrad.

"The Difference Between Vengeance and Redemption is That You Usually Have to Die After the Latter. You Pay a Heavier Price for Vengeance in the Long Run Though...and the Extra Weight that's Lifted off Your Shoulders, not to mention your Soul, that Redemption Provides Might Just be Enough to Sway You."
Message 2 of 17 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Jun 4, 2011

So since I can't get into the store and enjoy the Welcome Back program, does this mean, I get extended days, cause people are jamming and this still hasn't been corrected right and done right?

Message 3 of 17 (15 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
26644 posts

Jun 4, 2011

rramsdell wrote:

So since I can't get into the store and enjoy the Welcome Back program, does this mean, I get extended days, cause people are jamming and this still hasn't been corrected right and done right?

Please read the two replies above. The answer you are seeking is there. Once you are in, if you get the error message, back out and try again. It may take one try or more, but it will work.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 4 of 17 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Jun 4, 2011

bro, I've heard that already.  That's from the 1-800 #.  Could you please answer my other question.  I've been told to go to the forums, because tech support couldn't help.  How much longer do I gotta wait for an MOD to answer it?  Tech support told me to post it on the forums.   I was on hold 45 minutes and I'm wondering how I can get my stuff back on home, that I lost. ??

Message 5 of 17 (15 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
26644 posts

Jun 4, 2011

From the PlayStation Blog:

UPDATE: Due to high traffic on PlayStation Store, you may encounter error messages or issues. We advise you to check back a little later and try again.

Note: In order to download two games at no cost, you must redeem them from the “Welcome Back” category. The individual titles are still available for purchase outside of the “Welcome Back Program”

If at any point you can’t find the ‘Welcome Back Free Game 1 or 2’ products, the list of available titles or a game you’ve selected, go to your XMB>PlayStation Network>Account Management>Transaction Management>Services List>SCEA Promotions to complete the process.

Additionally, this is a PSN issue and not a Home issue.

Message 6 of 17 (15 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
26644 posts

Jun 4, 2011

Are you trying to get the 100 free items or are you trying t get items that you have had before but have since disappeared?

The Moderators cannot answer your questions as they are here to make sure that we are all behaving ourselves. If the issue is about items that have gone missing, the problem is already known and is being discussed in the proper Home support forum.

Message 7 of 17 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Jun 4, 2011

I was told by tech support to contact amoderator on the forums. 

Message 8 of 17 (15 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 4, 2011

So i tried to download the free playstatoin plus, but then I got the error code thing and now it will not let me download my free PS +..... anyone know how to fix this.. Because everytime i try again it says account is not valid as if I have already gotten it, and it is not in my download box.

Message 9 of 17 (15 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1126 posts

Jun 4, 2011

Rellster13 wrote:

So i tried to download the free playstatoin plus, but then I got the error code thing and now it will not let me download my free PS +..... anyone know how to fix this.. Because everytime i try again it says account is not valid as if I have already gotten it, and it is not in my download box.

This answer is above you in post #1 if you would just take the time to read, but here it is again

UPDATE:  Due to high traffic on PlayStation Store, you may encounter error  messages or issues. We advise you to check back a little later and try  again.

Note:  In order to download two games at no cost, you must redeem them from  the “Welcome Back” category. The individual titles are still available  for purchase outside of the “Welcome Back Program”

If  at any point you can’t find the ‘Welcome Back Free Game 1 or 2’  products, the list of available titles or a game you’ve selected, go to your XMB>PlayStation Network>Account  Management>Transaction Management>Services List>SCEA Promotions  to complete the process.

Message 10 of 17 (15 Views)
0 Likes