Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 10 2012
By: bstie1198 First Son 6 posts

Store error - Infamous install file thinks it's for PSP / Vita instead of PS3.

[ Edited ]
17 replies 4322 views Edited Nov 10, 2012

I recently got a new PS3 and am trying to install all of my content onto it.  I have an issue with Infamous.  The game's page on the new store says that Infamous is unavailable to purchase or to download.  When I click for details, it says it's unavailable becasue I already own Infamous.  If I download the game via my download list, my PS3 thinks the install file is for a PSP or Vita, not a PS3, so it refuses to install it.  Any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 18 (4,322 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Store error - Infamous install file thinks it's for PSP / Vita instead of PS3.

Nov 11, 2012

Hi,  I'm having the same problem. Sorry, no suggestions but I wanted to add another voice to this problem.  It took me all night and most of this morning to download this, I was keen to start it again after my previous PS3 Yold last month! 

Obviously this was one of the free games Sony gave back to the PSN users during the down times, so I technically own it but need to download it again.

If anybody knows a way that we can download it correctly for PS3, not PSP/Vita that would really help?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 18 (4,291 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Store error - Infamous install file thinks it's for PSP / Vita instead of PS3.

[ Edited ]
Nov 12, 2012

I too am having this issue. I purchased a new PS3 because my old one gave out and I didn't have a backup. So I'm downloading all the items I used to have and the same issue appears for me. The install file has two things wrong with it. One, it says its a trial (indicated by the yellow tag on the icon) and two, even though it says its a PS3 file, it still tries to install as a PSP. I have not tried doing so because I don't want it to screw up my PSP, but nonetheless, I'd like to see this issue resolved.

*edit* i wonder if the inability to download it directly from the store (as opposed to "view downloads') is related to the fact that i had tried out the trial version before getting it from sony as a gift

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 18 (4,238 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 12, 2012
Im having the same problem. Not impressed
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 18 (4,230 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Nov 12, 2012

I think I was having this problem too

First I tried to download Infamous from the XMB -> Account Management -> Download List

but it would keep giving an error when trying to download

so I opened the new store and it would download.. but then the icon showed it as a trial..

Then canceled that download and went back to the XMB download list and it no longer gives an error and I think it's downloading the right one this time

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 18 (4,221 Views)
PlayStation Support
3573 posts

Nov 12, 2012
Hey guys are you still having this issue with Infamous? Is it still showing as a PSP download?

^^^^^^Click to contact Support^^^^^^

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 18 (4,212 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Nov 12, 2012

I haven't re-downloaded the file since last week, since I figured until someone changes something on the store side there would be no reason to try again.  I can confirm that the only way I can get to Infamous to download is still via my download list, as the store page for the game says it's not available for purchase and when I click "tell me more" it says I already own it.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 18 (4,200 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Nov 13, 2012
Hey all. I am experiencing this as well.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 18 (4,152 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Nov 14, 2012

I just found out that I have the same problem with Super Stardust HD.  Super Stardust HD I was able to download off of the store, but the install file looks like it's a trial (yellow bar on the side) and my PS3 thinks it's for a PSP system.  I got those two games as part of the Welcome Back program.  Others with the Infamous issue mentioned that they also got the game through the Welcome Back program, so maybe that can help with the troubleshooting.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 18 (4,085 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Welcome Back Program problem

Nov 14, 2012

Hi, I have this problem just with the games from the welcome back program (Little Big Planet and Infamous). I replaced my old PS3 and can't install them, they ask for a Vita or PSP to install. Someone from Sony is going to answear?

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 18 (4,076 Views)
0 Likes