Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
2 posts

Re: Sony wallet credited 3 times by 50$, unauthorized transactions

Nov 22, 2013

Same issue here.  They bought a bunch of stuff for FIFA 14 though.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 177 (2,349 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Nov 22, 2013

Same here, they spent all of it on FIFA points and a FIFA EA Subscription.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 177 (2,343 Views)
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 24, 2013

Happened to me this afternoon. Charged $50 twice, then the difference of what I already had in my wallet to add up to $150. Nothing spent. I haven't been using my PS3 for anything other than Netflix for a few weeks.

Called Customer Service and they told me to wait for an email in 5-7 days from one of the higher ups and I told them about this thread.

The bill for the receipt was timestamped as PST even though I'm on east coast time. Not sure if that matters.

Also, I hope their email doesn't get lost since I just changed the one associated with my account.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 177 (2,248 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Nov 26, 2013

same thing happened to me.  unauthorized debit card charge to add funds to the sony wallet that i did not initiate, then all of the funds were later spend in the evening (around 5-7pm pst) on fifa points.  what the heck?  sony better make up for this, they're getting hacked again.  This is the only time i was affected, though.  i would recommend as above, calling your bank to stop any future transactions from sony network first of all.  second see if you are lucky enough to get to a sony customer service rep on the phone, i was waiting on the line for about an hour then gave up, i had other things to do.  Anybody have any other recommendations?

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 177 (2,192 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Nov 26, 2013

This exact same thing happened to me as well. My Sony wallet was credited three times for $50 in a relatively short span of time via unauthorized debit card charges (I was notified of this by e-mail), and then about two hours later, I recieved an e-mail informing me that a bunch of Fifa stuff was purchased using this credit. I just changed my password and required a password upon purchasing as well.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 177 (2,170 Views)
Monster Hunter
43 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 26, 2013

I woke up this morning with 3 transaction of $50 as well and they were also FIFA Points, A game I dont even own and my PS3 has stopped working on me for weeks!!!!!!..... I immediately changed my password and I went to my bank to cancel the debit card I had under it.  I changed all my passwords as well to other sites like my mail and bank account due to the fear these hackers will get into it.  Im happy to see im not the only one its a sigh of relief but this is also bad too we are all getting hacked, has anyone got in contact with Sony?

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 177 (2,146 Views)
First Son
5 posts

3 Emails with $50 funds added to my account?

[ Edited ]
Nov 26, 2013

Hi, just now I got 3 emails from Sony saying that funds were added to my wallet, maxing my account at $150.

Pictures to prove:

http://i.imgur.com/qd0qaIy.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/EzamgX4.jpg

I really have no idea what's going on, but I'm probably going to contact Sony today to figure this out. I did some Googling, and apparently a small handfull of others are having this as well. What's going on?

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 177 (2,268 Views)
Sackboy
526 posts

Re: 3 Emails with $50 funds added to my account?

Nov 26, 2013
I need to get some word on this. Sony wont send me the reset password email and I fear someone has used the money I have saved for Christmas. Support for everything is closed. I can't sleep, fear of my Christmas being jacked has me in knots.
Final Fantasy XI: Darklordsidius
(Caitsith) *Ragnarok*

Gaming since 1982
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 177 (2,248 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 26, 2013

Update: I've reset my password but it seems that they've already gone to work on purchasing things.

http://i.imgur.com/Vk5Tkf4.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 177 (2,242 Views)
PlayStation MVP
273 posts

Nov 26, 2013

Did those purchases go through before or after the password change?

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 177 (2,226 Views)
0 Likes