First Son
3 posts

Re: Sony wallet credited 3 times by 50$, unauthorized transactions

Mar 24, 2014

Just happened to me. Really curious what exactly is going on and how hackers are getting anything out of it? Someone just likes FIFA really bad?

Message 171 of 181 (784 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11245 posts

Mar 25, 2014

tsaintthomas wrote:

Just happened to me. Really curious what exactly is going on and how hackers are getting anything out of it? Someone just likes FIFA really bad?

http://www.inquisitr.com/1179670/ea-games-hacked-apple-ids-and-origin-accounts-at-risk/

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/11/14/origin-accounts-hacked-maybe-change-your-password/

http://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?t=1159135

- this issue has been going on since 2011. origin is compromised, people being affected have admitted plenty of times to using the same log-in information for origin/PSN/LIVE.

- you do not have to own, or play, the game for this to happen.

- the main problem is, why FIFA is chosen, is because they've allowed FIFA points/packs to be gifted. they get into your account, make the transaction, then gift the points to themselves, or whoever, then leave your account, making it look like you've done this, not them.

Message 172 of 181 (772 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 16, 2014

Back to the bank as soon as you found something fishy.

Speak with Bank's Fraud Division.

Remember to File Affidavits and send ceritified mail.

Other way is to report transation on http://www.vcharges.com/

Message 173 of 181 (690 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11245 posts

Apr 16, 2014

Annie_Wright212 wrote:

Back to the bank as soon as you found something fishy.

Speak with Bank's Fraud Division.

Remember to File Affidavits and send ceritified mail.

Other way is to report transation on http://www.vcharges.com/

and as soon as you do all of that, your PSN account will be frozen/suspended until it's sorted out.

Message 174 of 181 (681 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

May 21, 2014
I am freaken livid. I have had this happen to me twice. First time it happen I was told it was a system issue because it was returned to my wallet. That was about a month ago. Then it happened again about a week ago. It was 3 separate transaction for Fifa points one of 39.99 one for 9.99 and a third for .99. I've been going back and fourth with playstation they keep denying my refund. If they don't refund my money to my wallet I'm going to file a civil suit against them. This is ridiculous that they still can't get their act together after being breach last year.
Message 175 of 181 (614 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

May 21, 2014
I use the psn cards and my money got taken out.
Message 176 of 181 (612 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 31, 2014

Add another user to the list.

Hacked. £80 stolen.

Sony refusing to do anything about it.

It's happening to so many people, I seriously doubt they are ALL at fault.

Sony just hiding behind their 'Terms of Service'.

Sony hacked in the past and the only thing they've learned from the entire fiasco is how to protect themselves legally. What a shame. Probably the WORST customer service I have ever experienced in my entire life.

Message 177 of 181 (494 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 11, 2015

thats bull sony went into my paypal took $10. for playstion plus with out notifing me first i didn't even want the playstation plus so i emailed them the same day paypal sent me the alert dimantled paypal at my playstation and had paypal get my money back .So now playstaion banned me cant get into my destiny game after i spaent all that money and playstation is demanding that i give them $10 back so i can get back into my acount with them , how much horse **bleep** is that 

Message 178 of 181 (200 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 15, 2016
So this is still happening I see. Sony added $89.99 to my wallet. I was purchasing a dlc for $39.99. It would only allow me to add certain dollar amounts ($5, $10, $15, $25, $50, or $110). Since I needed $39.99, I opted for $50.00. After transaction was complete I have $89.99. I understand you can call them, but shouldn't have to. This thread started in 2013, it's now 2016, and this still happens? Seriously **bleep**.
Message 179 of 181 (147 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Jan 27, 2016

My account didn't get hacked, but a game I purchased six or seven months ago just disappeared from my downloads list and I can't download the game no matter how I access it (downloads list, PSN store on PS3, or my computer). After chatting with a rep for over an hour and providing proof (transaction number, date, and price) that I purchased the game, I was told my case was escalated. Several days later I had to reply to a higher up with the same details all over again.

I just today got an e-mail with the "one time gesture of goodwill" crap. The refund amount wasn't actually listed in the e-mail. It literally just said "a refund of ." So I don't know how much I'm getting back, if anything. But it's almost certainly what I paid for the game, which was a sale price. So to get it back I have to give them more money. This is a satire of customer service; the only time I've seen customer service this bad is in sitcoms and comedy films where they make fun of it.

Any other time I've had an issue with another company (Amazon, eBay, etc), I just shoot them an e-mail and I get a refund in less than twelve hours. What passess for customer support for the PSN is embarrassingly bad. I personally own over 400 games (that's not an exaggeration) for the PS3 alone. This is certainly going to make me second guess future purchases. If Sony can just up and lose my access to a digital game (how the hell does something like that even happen anyway?) and then give me a "one time" hassel filled refund for an amount the game can no longer be purchased at . . . well, let's just say I don't like investing money in something that's that much of a risk.

And that's all I've got. Like most others in this thread, I really needed to vent.

Message 180 of 181 (104 Views)
0 Likes