Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 15 2013
By: DragonIrons Uncharted Territory 1631 posts
Accepted Solution

Sony reward points and $50 PsN code?

13 replies 14337 views Edited Jan 15, 2013

When I saw the store had updated I got on my PS3 to download the free Stingray for Gran Turismo 5. Then I noticed in the marquee ticker thing by the clock on the PS3's "desktop"..... first it says this: " Earn Sony Rewards Points on your favorite Playstation products."

Then it syas " $50 PSN Code".   That's it, that's all it says. And I can't find any info on either piece of information.......  Earn reward points from what? And how? and what're they good for????  And how do I get a 50 dollar PSN code?? lol

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (14,337 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5646 posts

Re: Sony reward points and $50 PsN code?

Jan 16, 2013
The Sony rewards credit card. If you get one and make 1 purchase, you're supposed to get a 50$ psn card free.

I have no intention of getting one, which is why I said supposed. I can't confirm if you actually do or if its a cleverly worded trap.
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (14,324 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1631 posts

Jan 16, 2013

lol oh..... aparently they forgot the credit card part. I guess there's a limit to how much they can fit in one marqee line, since that "get a $50 PSN code" was a new line too.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (14,317 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17288 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 16, 2013

Winscar_Shinobi wrote:
The Sony rewards credit card. If you get one and make 1 purchase, you're supposed to get a 50$ psn card free.

I have no intention of getting one, which is why I said supposed. I can't confirm if you actually do or if its a cleverly worded trap.

I got the card. I never got the $50. Never tried to follow up on it though. I probably should.....

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (14,240 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1739 posts

Jan 17, 2013

Unless this is over, spend $100 in PS Store only, & get $20 Back... 

Must be in same Month... I need to see if I made that Deadline... 

But yes the Sony Rewards was for the Sony Reward Card... 

Alot of BD Movies by Sony are also promoting this Reward thing... 

Plus when you Register Movies, tou can get Free ones, too 

just by Registering what you own... 

But I dun own the Card... & It's not Required either... 

Most of those Free Titles suck, anyways... 

& you don't need the card to Register them... 

It's mainly just a Bank Card like a Visa Gift Card, 

or something, I dunno... But with a Reward Program... 

I stay away from stuff like that... !@_@!

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (14,109 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1631 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 18, 2013

It's not for the card. Look in the PS3 network menu, under What's New I think. One of those boxes is a link for the reward thing. ANOTHER box is for the card, where you get a $50 PSN code with the first purchase from the card. But the rewards has nothing to do with the card. It's their reward program, buying things from the Sony Online store gets you points to redeem on things later.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (13,970 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
905 posts

Jan 18, 2013

Yes its for the Playstation / Sony Visa credit card.  It is confirmed.  I have it, and received it, in a round about way.  What they do, is they give you 5000 reward points which you can go to sony's rewards site, and redeem the points to get a $50 psn code, or you can use the points for something else such as building up your points towards a flat screen tv, a camcorder, etc, etc.  Granted those take more like 80,000 points.  The offer was supposed to have ended Dec 31, 2012 though from the email I originally received.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (13,558 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
207 posts

Jan 19, 2013

It was a great deal. I got a $50 code and a 1 year PSN+

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (13,040 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1631 posts

Jan 19, 2013

Smokescreen_5 wrote:

Yes its for the Playstation / Sony Visa credit card.  It is confirmed.  I have it, and received it, in a round about way.  What they do, is they give you 5000 reward points which you can go to sony's rewards site, and redeem the points to get a $50 psn code, or you can use the points for something else such as building up your points towards a flat screen tv, a camcorder, etc, etc.  Granted those take more like 80,000 points.  The offer was supposed to have ended Dec 31, 2012 though from the email I originally received.

You didnt' get what I was saying. Ok..... the short marquee that only said "get a $50 PSN code" was referring to getting a $50 code when you make your first purchase with their card.

The longer marquee (and the first box in what's new) mentioning reward points DOESN"T specifically mean THEIR card. It just refers to their reward program page, where it explains their program and you can sign up. You get points for the rewards by buying things directly from sony on their ONLINE store (and NOT the PSN store, when I say store think of shopping at bestbuy's online store.... THAT kind of store). Yes you can use the PSN credit card on there I suppose, but you can use your own american express card too.
So you go to Sony's online store, buy a TV directly from them online, and get reward points for the purchase that you can put toward things, including PS3 games.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (12,986 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
905 posts

Jan 20, 2013

DragonIrons wrote:

Smokescreen_5 wrote:

You didnt' get what I was saying. Ok..... the short marquee that only said "get a $50 PSN code" was referring to getting a $50 code when you make your first purchase with their card.

The longer marquee (and the first box in what's new) mentioning reward points DOESN"T specifically mean THEIR card. It just refers to their reward program page, where it explains their program and you can sign up. You get points for the rewards by buying things directly from sony on their ONLINE store (and NOT the PSN store, when I say store think of shopping at bestbuy's online store.... THAT kind of store). Yes you can use the PSN credit card on there I suppose, but you can use your own american express card too.
So you go to Sony's online store, buy a TV directly from them online, and get reward points for the purchase that you can put toward things, including PS3 games.

Apparently I haven't seen this new thing you are referring to.  I have seen the new scrolling marquee that says "Get a $50 PSN Code" but if you go to the "What's New" section under "Playstation Network", you'll see 2 icons.  Both of them say "Get the Playstation Card and Get a $50 PSN Code".  The Playstation card they are referring to is a Visa Credit Card which apparently they must have extended the deadline to "get" the credit card and make your first purchase.    They explain that you can use your credit card to purchase something from the Sony store, but its a regular credit card which you can make purchases elsewhere.  The 2nd icon says basically the same thing except it also says to apply at pscardrewards.com.  So you can essentially use the credit card for any purchase but they try to promote making purchases off of their website.  If there is another scrolling marquee that says anything different, I have yet to see it.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 14 (12,891 Views)