Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 17 2011
By: totheoldschool First Son 5 posts

Sony incompetence

7 replies 51 views Edited Dec 17, 2011

I recently sent customer support this message: 

"Recently purchased the uncharted 3 fortune hunter club from the store from my brothers account on the same ps3 (we live together)

I downloaded the content i received from it and none of it seems to be working except for 2 pieces on my account, none of the content works on his account

I did work before the recent firmware update and according to the details of the update, we can only download it twice and thus if that does not work i would lose money. 

This first picture is from his store's download history showing the content was purchased and infact downloaded.

The second is the game menu showing its not purchased when it is. His email for his psn account is (removed) do not email him because he will not see it as he does not use it anymore." 

The response was:

"Thank you for taking the time to contact me in regards to the content for Uncharted 3 Fortune Hunter Club. The PlayStation(R)Network account that the content was downloaded on is the only account that will be able to utilize the content."

First we have inadequet security measures followed by incompetant staff, I am not impressed by any means as i can use some of the content showing how little these people actually know about their own service.

Can I be directed to somone who is not ignorant to reading.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (51 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17299 posts

Re: Sony incompetence

Dec 18, 2011

totheoldschool wrote:

Can I be directed to somone who is not ignorant to reading.

There is a "Contact Us" link at the bottom of this page.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (51 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Dec 18, 2011

You need to call PlayStation customer service (1-800-345-SONY) about this matter. Email communication rarely does any good, as you found out. It appears that whomever gets the email, just skims them and sends out an form response...

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (51 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 19, 2011

duely noted

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (51 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 19, 2011

ya ill probably do that, thanks for the help!

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (51 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14384 posts

Dec 21, 2011

totheoldschool wrote:

I downloaded the content i received from it and none of it seems to be working except for 2 pieces on my account, none of the content works on his account

In this case I doubt that calling again will help because your description of the problem makes little sense, and is almost certainly incorrect.  It is also clear that your expectations are in error.

Except for the PS3 theme (which any profile on the PS3 can use), all of the content that you receive as part of the subscription is for multi-player.  That means that it will only work when the PS3 is signed in to PSN as the PSN account that purchased the club subscription.  It can't be used by any other PSN account, on the same PS3, or anywhere else.  If you actually did purchase the club subscription under your brother's PSN account, then you can only use the DLC when signed in as your brother.  None of it is supposed to work when signed in under your PSN account. If any of it works under your account, then it would have to have been purchased under your account; and should not work under your brother's account.  All Playstation Store subscriptions work this way.  Not just the Fortune Hunter's Club.  Playstation Store multi-player DLC can't generally be shared between users on the same PS3, so it is not supposed to work for both of you.  Playstation Store off-line DLC usually can be used by any User profile on the PS3.  

Also, you are mistaken about how the download limits work.  You are not limited to downloading the content two times by the System 4.00 update.  You are limited to downloading it to two activated PS3s.  You can download games and DLC an unlimited number of times to each of the two activated PS3s.  As you have only one PS3 between the two of you, the activation limit should not be a problem.  You can download and install the DLC again as many times as you want to the same PS3, without paying for it again.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (51 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jan 15, 2012

that was some much needed clarification, thank you!

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (51 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jan 15, 2012

and u r mistaken about the mp content, if it is installed to the game utility data, it is shared between all accounts on that ps3

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (51 Views)
0 Likes