Highlighted
Aug 19 2012
By: Snippy2442 Splicer 50 posts

Sony Wireless Headset interferes with my PS3's internet connection. Any way to fix?

[ Edited ]
3 replies 2896 views Edited Jan 26, 2013

I didn't really know where to put this so, sorry if it is in the wrong area.

I cannot play online games while using my Wireless Headset anymore.

I'll use Battlefield 3 as an example. I can play the game absolutely fine with no lag or hiccups normally. As soon as I turn on my headset to talk to friends, I will get disconnected from the BF3 server. I only get kicked from the game I am in. I do not get signed off PSN. However, if I am in a text chat, I WILL get kicked from there, which only happens when my internet connection gets weak.

If I have my headset on prior to trying to join a game in BF3, I will either get a notification telling me to check my internet connection because I could not connect to the server, or I will be able to join the game but will lose connection shortly after.

These issues don't just happen with Battlefield 3. They also happen with LBP2, Hard Corps Uprising, Ratchet and Clank A40, and basically every other online game I have.

I am using a wireless connection. I would try to use a wired connection, but the location of the router prevents me from doing so. Also, I live at two separate houses that I move back and forth from. I use a wireless connection at both, but these problems only happen at one of them. I'm assuming there's something screwy with my modem and/or router at the place where using my headset disconnects me.

I have tried turning on the headset and seeing if it interferes with my laptop using the wireless connection. It does not.

Does anyone have any helpful information that could fix this? I would really appreciate it. It sucks trying to play games with your friends and you can't even talk to them. 

Called Sony. Nice guy helped me out and it doesn't do it anymore. Thanks for NOTHING, guys. Kidding Smiley Tongue

The Sony Customer Support told me that the headset was going through the same ports as the PS3/BF3/I'mActuallyNotSure was using. I had to forward the ports that the USB Wireless Headset was suppose to use, and after I did this it worked like a charm. No more disconnecting.

I will post the port/s (can't remember if it was more than one or not) as soon as I can get them. I am not living at the house where I needed to open the ports, and I will not be able to return there for some time. If you don't feel like waiting, you can always try to call Sony and get the ports from them. For some reason, I cannot find them listed anywhere.

Message 1 of 4 (2,896 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Re: Sony Wireless Headset interferes with my PS3's internet connection. Any way to fix?

Aug 24, 2012

What was the solution though?  I had same issue and returned.  Maybe I'd get them again if it was simple solution.

Message 2 of 4 (2,856 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
126 posts

Re: Sony Wireless Headset interferes with my PS3's internet connection. Any way to fix?

Aug 27, 2012

If its related to the wireless headset causing a disruption to your wireless internet two solutions spring to mind.

1. Use a wired connection. It will remove the problem entirely as well as provide you a better over all connection to the internet and PSN.

2. Move the devices farther apart as the wireless headset could be causing your signal strength to drop.

Message 3 of 4 (2,832 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Dec 31, 2013

Can you give us those ports (the ports that the headset is supposed to go to)?

Thanks!

Message 4 of 4 (1,297 Views)
0 Likes