Highlighted
Mar 20 2011
By: JohnRKlein Hekseville Citizen 267 posts

Sony Quit Messing Up Sub-Accounts!!

2 replies 77 views Edited Mar 20, 2011

When I got my PS3 near launch, the PSN account setup wizard basically forced you to create a master account and a sub account for every other family member no matter what their age was.

Now today all the sub accounts are so crippled, I'm constantly apologizing to my family.

1. There is no possible way to convert a sub account to a master account when one of my kids move out.

2. Only the master account can merge with facebook,

3. Only the master account can have PSN+.

4. Only the master account can have cloud storage.

I can't believe Sony cares so little about their customers! I used to be a true blue Playstation Fanboy.. But I'm pretty much convinced moving to the competition with all the stuff we have gone through so far.

I mean, we lost a launch PS3 about 6 months ago.. I did all my backups as I'm supposed too.. But we still lost a large number of game saves due to the stupid locked game saves.. We got a repaired PS3 and almost 3 months later, it died also.. We again loose all them saves..

Now finally, Sony has the ability to back them up and I'm the only one that can use it.. This is nuts.. Now when my PS3 dies, I look like a complete ass because I lost nothing but the rest of my family does!

What are they thinking not allowing sub accounts to purchase everything a master account can? Why can't a sub account use facebook? Why can't a sub account use PSN+? Why can't a sub account use cloud storage?? So stupid!

SONY FIX THIS..

Message 1 of 3 (77 Views)
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Re: Sony Quit Messing Up Sub-Accounts!!

Mar 20, 2011

That's CRAZY...

Thank goodness I bought my PS3 late, since, there is no such thing as a "Sub-Account" on the new PSN accounts...

Message 2 of 3 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Re: Sony Quit Messing Up Sub-Accounts!!

Mar 20, 2011

RedEspiritu wrote:

That's CRAZY...

Thank goodness I bought my PS3 late, since, there is no such thing as a "Sub-Account" on the new PSN accounts...

Of course there are still sub accounts.  If your age is under 18 years, and you are honest about it, you cannot create a master account, you have to use a master account to create a sub account.

Message 3 of 3 (77 Views)
0 Likes