Jul 20 2013
By: EumarZephyr First Son 1 posts

Someone stole my psn cards

2 replies 1119 views Edited Jul 20, 2013
Hello, I bought a couple of psn cards and on my way home they got stolen. What really socks is that they were redeemed before I could . Is there any way to tell Sony about this so they can cancel his account or something. =(
Message 1 of 3 (1,119 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18872 posts

Re: Someone stole my psn cards

[ Edited ]
Jul 20, 2013

EumarZephyr wrote:
Hello, I bought a couple of psn cards and on my way home they got stolen. What really socks is that they were redeemed before I could . Is there any way to tell Sony about this so they can cancel his account or something. =(

|Welcome to the PlayStation Community Forums

How exactly did they get stolen? [e.g. was it a stickup or something of the like] If such this is matter for your local police.

If the above doesn't apply to you and your case is: once you got home, scratched to reveal the PSN card code & tried redeem the codes with no success. If this is what's happening make sure that the card got activated; activation is done by the store clerk during the time of purchase. The store receipt should say that the PSN card has been successfully activated. If it has not been activated then go back to the store.

You can also get in contact with Sony support

PHONE 800-345-SONY
Mon - Sun 6:00AM - 10:00PM Pacific

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/contact_options

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 2 of 3 (1,117 Views)
Highlighted
MVP Support
27600 posts

Re: Someone stole my psn cards

Jul 20, 2013

Your story is too short on details for me to give specific advice.  In general, PSN cards are a bearer instrument; just like cash, which they are intended to be equivalent to.  They don't have your name on them, and they aren't registered to you.  Even the place that you bought them from could not swear in court that any particular PSN card is the one that you bought.  There is no unique identifier on the receipt.  Unless you have a witness to the theft, besides yourself, there is no point in even reporting it to the police.  There is no way for you to prove that the cards belong to you, and more than you could prove that an unmarked $20 or $50 bill belongs to you.  A PSN card belongs to whoever has it in their possession, and can be redeemed by anyone.  Sony has no idea which cards you bought either, and has no way to identify which PSN member redeemed them.  Even if you knew the codes on the cards, that still doesn't prove that the cards belong to you.  

GKP
Message 3 of 3 (1,099 Views)
0 Likes