Highlighted
Mar 08 2011
By: ztemde First Son 4 posts

Someone else has signed in to your account!?

1 replies 1734 views Edited Mar 8, 2011

Ok I was watching Hulu last night, on my PS3 obviously, and suddenly a message pops up that I had been logged out. It popped up really quick and I didn't get to read it so I log in again and <5 minutes later there it is again. "You have been logged out because someone else has logged in on another PS3 using this account". I was like oh heck no!!!!

I immediately log back in to kick them off and proceed to spend the next hour changing all my passwords for any accounts I have on my Wifi, PS3 and computer. I feel so lucky right now and think that possibly my oldest son inadvertently gave one of his friends my password or they saw him enter it since I am the master account holder and I recently logged on his PS3 to download the First Strike maps the other day. I know, I know dumb that he knew my passwrod but I work third shift and it was just easier for him to have access if I wasn't at home since my wife knows nothing about this kind of stuff.

So far so good since I changed everything but I have learned my lesson and had a discussion with my son who knew not the possible ramifications of his actions. If I had not been online at the time I could have been screwed. I am assuming that this is what happened and his friends just wanted the First Strike maps because a hacker would have not given me the chance and changed everything before I knew what was going on. I just wanted to post this so that others will not repeat the same.

Message 1 of 2 (1,734 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Same thing just happened to me today on ps4. Change my pa...

Jan 22, 2016
Same thing just happened to me today on ps4. Change my password and hasn't happened since. Except I am relatively sure no one has my account information on any other system, so it has me a bit concerned it may be a hacker and they may try it again.
Message 2 of 2 (260 Views)
0 Likes