Aug 02 2013
By: ZzRaPiD_MoTioNzZ First Son 1 posts

Somebody took my email and password, the birth date

9 replies 487 views Edited Aug 2, 2013

So dlc for black ops 2 vengeance arrived. And i had somehow lost my season pass... Some guy asked me if he wanted to trade revolution for vengeance i gave him the info and he changed my password, my email, my date of birth (which is used for recovering the account..) and now i can't get it back. Please help 

Message 1 of 10 (487 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Re: Somebody took my email and password, the birth date

Aug 2, 2013

Good job.

Calling Sony is your only option now.

PHONE 800-345-SONY
Mon - Sun 6:00AM - 10:00PM Pacific

Message 2 of 10 (476 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4845 posts

Aug 2, 2013
Opps.

Those security procedures (like, never disclosing passwords, etc) are there for a reason hunny.
Message 3 of 10 (469 Views)
MVP Support
39473 posts

Aug 2, 2013

ZzRaPiD_MoTioNzZ wrote:

So dlc for black ops 2 vengeance arrived. And i had somehow lost my season pass... Some guy asked me if he wanted to trade revolution for vengeance i gave him the info and he changed my password, my email, my date of birth (which is used for recovering the account..) and now i can't get it back. Please help 

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

You gave away your account to a complete stranger, what else did you expect to happen?

Contact Sony customer support & if you can prove the account is yours then Sony should give it back to you.

Treat this as a lesson learned & NEVER EVER give your information to ANYONE, EVER.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 4 of 10 (462 Views)
MVP Support
14569 posts

Aug 2, 2013

The title to your post is wrong.

"Somebody" did NOT take your email and password.  You GAVE IT AWAY, willingly, and are now finding out the consequences to your foolish actions.

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 5 of 10 (455 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1623 posts

Aug 2, 2013

the joys of trying to save $14.99

Message 6 of 10 (450 Views)
MVP Support
24785 posts

Aug 2, 2013

I'd just like to add the date of birth can't be changed so maybe if you call CS like johngie suggested you may be able to recover your account by providing some additional information. Or maybe they'll just ban the account for violating the TOS. Either way you have nothing more to lose. Give them a call.

Message 7 of 10 (442 Views)
First Son
10 posts

Aug 3, 2013

SOMETIMES people do nice things, but more often than not, they just steal from you.  That's why even though sony originally built the multi-console activation limits for sharing at friends' houses to play when you're there, etc, etc.. There's been too many issues with it, and they'd prefer people kept their accounts to themselves.. I can't even imagine the headaches sony must have gone through with all the people that got accounts stolen from them before they had a reset page for system activations.

Me personally, I'm a crazy **bleep** and gave a few people I was randomly playing games with last week 3 month PS+ cards cuz they didn't have + Smiley Happy I think everyone should have it.  Been giving away PC games on steam all week on my steam friends list too.. haha. Gives me something to do when I'm bored right?

Speaking of bored..

https://www.humblebundle.com/?gift=ueyqS6mRhkDe

First person to grab that gets a free set of serious sam games for steam. Smiley Tongue

Message 8 of 10 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2971 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 7, 2014

Ah. Another prime example of how intelligent CoD players are.

Mod Edit: Locked thread since it has ran its course. Feel free to utilize the "Search" function to find updated information regarding this topic. Please click here to review the Rules of Conduct.Thanks! -Super_Nova2k13

photo Steak_zps70cec71c.jpg
Message 9 of 10 (357 Views)
MVP Support
39473 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 7, 2014

Everyone please ignore the above message & do not under any circumstances contact this person & give them any information!

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 10 of 10 (156 Views)
0 Likes