Oct 16 2013
By: LordBravery12 First Son 3 posts

Some hacker accessed my account and used all the money on my wallet to buy FIFA 14 points.

8 replies 274 views Edited Oct 16, 2013

I don't even own FIFA 14 and some jerk stole $100 worth of my money from wallet on FIFA points.

Is there anyway to rectify this? 

Order numbers are 4855930108, 4855930155, 4857955709, 4857955745 and 4857955782.

Message 1 of 9 (274 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
21742 posts

Re: Some hacker accessed my account and used all the money on my wallet to buy FIFA 14 points.

Oct 16, 2013

No. There isn't any way to rectify it.  You are responsible for the security of your account.  There is no reason for Sony to think that your account was accessed through no fault of your own; as opposed to you sharing your password with someone, or using a weak password.  If someone accesses your account and spends the money in your wallet, you are not entitled to a refund.  You are welcome to contact Playstation customer support and ask anyway (https://support.us.playstation.com/app/contact_options), but expect to get the same answer.

GKP
Message 2 of 9 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1623 posts

Re: Some hacker accessed my account and used all the money on my wallet to buy FIFA 14 points.

Oct 16, 2013

my gues it was this guy

this guy

or the guy you gave your signin email and password, since you will say I never did that than it must be the guy above because guesing someones email is hard enough to also gues their password is down right amazing

Message 3 of 9 (245 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9350 posts

Oct 16, 2013

Agreed - no hacking here.  Just someone who unfortunately trusted someone else who promised them goodies, level-ups, prestige, whatever.

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **

Playstation Signature photo Signature-1.jpg
MVP Terms and Conditions ____________(=^‥^=)____________ Forum Rules of Conduct
================== SONY Customer Service ==================

Message 4 of 9 (242 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 16, 2013

Why do you make such a preposterous assumption that I actually shared my account for some stupid  in-game items? I have never shared an account in my life.

Message 5 of 9 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1623 posts

Oct 16, 2013

those types of assumptions are only made because the probability of knowing somesones personal information like email and password is down right mind boggling

have you ever accidently posted your email address on here looking for help with something?

Message 6 of 9 (231 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9350 posts

Oct 16, 2013

LordBravery12 wrote:

Why do you make such a preposterous assumption that I actually shared my account for some stupid  in-game items? I have never shared an account in my life.

Why? because 99.99% of the cases like what you describe are exactly that - people sharing their account information.  In our view, not so preposterous.

If it is indeed someone who guessed your information - email address AND password - then it is an unfortunate event.  I suggest you access your account immediately and change your password.  Sadly, SONY considers all transactions in the Playstation Store to be final, no refunds.  You are responsible for your account and all activity on it - and that includes having a password that is not easy to guess.

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **

Playstation Signature photo Signature-1.jpg
MVP Terms and Conditions ____________(=^‥^=)____________ Forum Rules of Conduct
================== SONY Customer Service ==================

Message 7 of 9 (228 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 16, 2013

W_W_Heisenberg wrote:

those types of assumptions are only made because the probability of knowing somesones personal information like email and password is down right mind boggling

have you ever accidently posted your email address on here looking for help with something?

This is my first time on this forum and no. 

vfr_800_rider wrote:

Why? because 99.99% of the cases like what you describe are exactly that - people sharing their account information.  In our view, not so preposterous.

If it is indeed someone who guessed your information - email address AND password - then it is an unfortunate event.  I suggest you access your account immediately and change your password.  Sadly, SONY considers all transactions in the Playstation Store to be final, no refunds.  You are responsible for your account and all activity on it - and that includes having a password that is not easy to guess.

Well, I didn't and have no valid reason to share an account. I think I am just going to contact EA support to track my money down. Maybe I will get his account name or some info. Thank you all for kind replies.

Message 8 of 9 (225 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18803 posts

Oct 16, 2013

@LordBravery12Please do take the time to change your SEN account password with a new alphanumeric [if possible with symbols] password.

Do enable purchase confirmation

PSN/Account Management/Transaction Management then Require Password at Checkout.

For the heck of it, if you have kids, do make sure the are not the ones who ended up using your account to buy FIFA points.

Good luck.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 9 of 9 (210 Views)
0 Likes