Jun 19 2013
By: dinoian First Son 2 posts

So frustrated! Cannot download game and can't get support!

3 replies 806 views Edited Jun 19, 2013

Oddly enough it is the fatal frame 2 game. I bought the download on gamestop. the code they gave me a week and a half ago wont go through. I"ve spent hours on the phone, gamestop sent me to sony, sony gave me an email. Only 1/20th of my emails go through. I've tried three different emails to try and get it through.  Finally getting one through and the reply a week later? "the code works and hasn't been used." No the code does NOT work. I've sent 2 dozen replies tot hat on Monday and not one confirmation email that that message got through. * I wanted to get on chat to just see if any of the last messagebatches have gotten through, but chat isn't open?
I doubt I will EVER buy a download again after this nightmare, (not the one I paid for.} What do I do now? I really don't want to spend another hour on the phone waiting.

Message 1 of 4 (806 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18791 posts

Re: So frustrated! Cannot download game and can't get support!

Jun 19, 2013
Message 2 of 4 (701 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 19, 2013

They said the code was from PS and to take it up with them. They will work on it if I can ever get through to them.

Message 3 of 4 (503 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

Jun 19, 2013
Number 1, make sure that you are typing in the code properly. A zero is commonly mistaken for the letter "o" and vice-versa.

Number 2, make sure that your PSN Account is from the same region as the game code is from. If you have a PSN Account from the USA, let's say, and the Gamestop code you were given was from Brazil, then it will not work for you. It will only work for PSN accounts in Brazil. (Game discs are not region locked, but DLC and PSN Codes are 100% region locked).

Finally, if there are indeed issues with the codes it is 100% Gamestop's responsibility to ensure that you were given a valid code. It's not unheard of for them to either not activate the codes properly at check-out, or in a more unscrupulous manner, sell codes that employees there at the store have already used. So be adamant about the fact that you purchased the code from Gamestop and that they need to ensure the product they sold you is valid.
Message 4 of 4 (141 Views)
0 Likes