Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 02 2012
By: TheEldrazi First Son 11 posts

So, did I just waste $20

6 replies 232 views Edited Oct 2, 2012

I just bought my first $20 psn card. I saw them activate it at the register.

For the past hour and a half I have been trying to redeem it through Qriocity, the psn store, the xmb account managment, and any other way I can think of. I got an error message over and over again, and now it is simply saying to me "The funds could not be added to your wallet."

So did I just give sony $20 for nothing at all? Can I contact them and get some sort of account credit or something? Or am I completely boned?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (232 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Re: So, did I just waste $20

Oct 2, 2012

A lot of people are having that issue. As am I. I was told via Sony Support's Online Chat to wait a day or two.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (220 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Oct 2, 2012

Try it now. It worked for me.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (215 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Oct 2, 2012

TheEldrazi wrote:

I just bought my first $20 psn card. I saw them activate it at the register.

For the past hour and a half I have been trying to redeem it through Qriocity, the psn store, the xmb account managment, and any other way I can think of. I got an error message over and over again, and now it is simply saying to me "The funds could not be added to your wallet."

So did I just give sony $20 for nothing at all? Can I contact them and get some sort of account credit or something? Or am I completely boned?

Did you check to see if the card was used already.  Start there, and if not, just wait as they suggest.  By the way, if the card has been used, than you are "boned".  You will have to fight it out with the store, unless you are ready to wage a 1-2 Month campaign against Sony as I did.

Honestly though, I am surprised you guys have not been assaulted for these threads, by the "Forum Elite", yet......

Good Luck

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (193 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Oct 3, 2012

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (159 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Oct 3, 2012
Well, I called Sony, they gave me a ton of possible solutions about this. None of them worked. They told me the card had not been used, had been activated at the store, and should work fine. None of the reps I talked to seem to know what was wrong. They told me to send images of the card and receipt and wait 3-5 days for whatever they are going to do. Seeing as how this is my first card I won't be paying Sony ever again over their store.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (157 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Oct 3, 2012

TheEldrazi wrote:
Well, I called Sony, they gave me a ton of possible solutions about this. None of them worked. They told me the card had not been used, had been activated at the store, and should work fine. None of the reps I talked to seem to know what was wrong. They told me to send images of the card and receipt and wait 3-5 days for whatever they are going to do. Seeing as how this is my first card I won't be paying Sony ever again over their store.

That old gag.  Try it out, you never know.  

I sent those items three times, and every time, they told me they did not see them attached on the email.  Aha, I said, I cc'd myself on the emails and I received them.  

I sent them one time each using the following:  Yahoo mail, Gmail, Outlook Mail.  Every time, I got the attachments and opened them, they denied getting them.  Finally I went through online tech chat on the Network Site, and the Rep told me she could see both attached files.

Not sure what Sony's angle is here, but I wish you luck again.  At least they said your card was not redeemed yet.  Did they tell you to go back to the store yet?  Let me know when they do.

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (126 Views)
0 Likes