May 17 2013
By: CeCoMacino I Only Post Everything 1101 posts

Slow connection speed

4 replies 152 views Edited May 17, 2013

I know about this problem and i tried many times to solve that, but i still dont get it. Why (if iam possesed by 50+ mbps) i have jus 12-9 mbps hardwired?!

Can someone tell me if that just crappy connection test or if thats a somekind of fixable bug?!

THX

Photobucket
Message 1 of 5 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
PlayStation MVP
4301 posts

Re: Slow connection speed

May 17, 2013

CeCoMacino wrote:

I know about this problem and i tried many times to solve that, but i still dont get it. Why (if iam possesed by 50+ mbps) i have jus 12-9 mbps hardwired?!

Can someone tell me if that just crappy connection test or if thats a somekind of fixable bug?!

THX

Have you called your ISP and asked them if this is something on their end? (they may be throttling your speed.)

If it isn't and it is just on PSN you are experiencing this, it may be the PS Store servers are getting a lot of traffic at the time you are trying to download. (try doing it at other times of the day / night.)

Something else to consider: If you are in a different region than your PSN ID account is attached to, this could possibly be the cause of your slow speed, as well. (further away from PS Store servers.)

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 2 of 5 (141 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9679 posts

May 17, 2013

CeCoMacino wrote:

I know about this problem and i tried many times to solve that, but i still dont get it. Why (if iam possesed by 50+ mbps) i have jus 12-9 mbps hardwired?!

Can someone tell me if that just crappy connection test or if thats a somekind of fixable bug?!

THX

It's probably mostly that the PS3's connection test doesn't really test your speed.  All it is really doing is making sure you have a connection.  It 'tests' your connection with an extremely small file (around 250-500k) that doesn't allow the PS3 to fully 'ramp up' to full speed before the download is complete.  A better way to test your connection is to start a relatvely large download from the PSN store and start a stopwatch as soon as the download starts.  Stop it when the download completes, then do the math to get your approximate download speed (Download Size (divided by) Number of Seconds that the download lasted).

Message 3 of 5 (139 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1101 posts

May 17, 2013

Dont worry boyo, i checked that through my pc first and theres not problem XJ

Photobucket
Message 4 of 5 (135 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1101 posts