Dec 27 2012
By: envizible1 First Son 1 posts

Slow Game Updates

5 replies 322 views Edited Dec 27, 2012

I just did a game update and it took 30mins to download 55mb. Its never taken that long. I just noticed when downloading madden updates a few days ago. Nothing wrong with my network. I don't have speed issues when downloading files on my computers. My PS3 speedtest show 10/7. There's no difference between wired or wirelessly. I tried a different router and different ISP. I opened all ports on my router and still no change.

Anyone else having this issue?

Message 1 of 6 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Re: Slow Game Updates

[ Edited ]
Dec 28, 2012

Unfortunately, join the club....lots of talk lately about this...and Sony is no help.

At least you are able to update.

Message 2 of 6 (286 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jan 21, 2013
So there's no info on this? I just got inFamous 2 and it downloaded the 15GB game file in less than 2 hours. I went to play the game and I have 3 updates waiting. I've been downloading those 3 updates for more than 2 hours now. Ridiculously slow and very irritating.
Message 3 of 6 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7011 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2013

Game update are not on PSN servers, they are on GAME servers run buy the publisher. More money on patch download speed results in less money for game server speed. The faster a patch downloads the less popular the game is...

Patches and updates can still be downloaed even when the Store and account management are ofline this shows there independance from SCE Store servers. They can even be downloaded when signed out as the games Dial home on game start up...

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester
I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to youtube

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

View forum in Full Desktop Power or Mobile Mode

Message 4 of 6 (208 Views)
First Son
5 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 22, 2013

thanks for the info. this server sucks then man. trying to get a update for Infamous 2 and it's now saying 421 Minutes remaining. I know it's not my end because I just went online and had no issue playing borderlands 2. i'll just leave it on overnight to get the update i guess. Is there any way to download the patch externally and put it on a flashdrive like you can do with the playstation system updates?

EDIT:

Found the issue. It was my DNS address. I simplyed change it to Google's DNS and my updates are back to normal speed.

Message 5 of 6 (204 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 22, 2013

Im having this problem  as well. I got Battlefield 3 for christmas present. i haven't been able  to play it yet cause everytime i start the update the speed is about 1%/half an hour . After a few hours i get tired of waiting and turn it off Smiley Sad

Crap! 

Message 6 of 6 (188 Views)
0 Likes