Highlighted
Jul 20 2011
By: ERICH-037 First Son 17 posts

Slow Downloading

3 replies 38 views Edited Jul 20, 2011

Some of my downloads have been going slow for over a week now. Some downloads go at a normal speed, but then I could try something else just a minute later and it goes slow again. The Estimated Time Remaining just keeps going up and the MB downloaded just stalls completely for a while.

Is there any explanation why some downloads seem to go at a normal speed while others go slow and stall at random times? I've never had this happen before. The only thing I can think of that's different now is that I used the most bandwidth this month that I've ever used, and my ISP (Bell) has a bandwidth limit. Could that somehow be slowing me down? I haven't gone OVER the limit, but I was close. Though even then, I don't know how it would only affect SOME downloads and not others.

Message 1 of 4 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2123 posts

Re: Slow Downloading

Jul 20, 2011

the same happened with my bro. maybe because alot of ppl r downloading the same thing so it becomes slow. so either u download it with the slow speed or 2 w8 until the servers become uncrowded.

AM GOOD BUT NOT THE BEST
http://about.me/Rage_kmj

PSN Gamercards
Message 2 of 4 (38 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Jul 21, 2011

It's been happening at all times of the day, for an extended period now. So I'm not sure if the problem was with the servers.

My downloads are finally working normal again now though. My bandwidth with my ISP reset today, and I also tried something that I read on another site that's supposed to help connection speeds. I don't know which of the two actually did it, but I'm just glad I can download bigger games again.

Thanks for responding.

Message 3 of 4 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2123 posts

Jul 27, 2011

u r welcome man & ur problem was spreading 2 some psn users so i hope that what u did is the solution 4 every similar problem

AM GOOD BUT NOT THE BEST
http://about.me/Rage_kmj

PSN Gamercards
Message 4 of 4 (38 Views)
0 Likes