MVP Support
24489 posts

Re: Site Maintenance Notice The server is currently down for maintenance.

Jul 27, 2011
Message 11 of 27 (181 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 27, 2011

yep, totally works.  no idea why i now have to go to another domain to manage my account, or how the hell i was supposed to know to do that.  man did sony really drop the ball on this whole thing.

thanks so much to ne1 for the tip, really appreciate it. 

Message 12 of 27 (181 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 30, 2011

Worked for me, too! Thnaks to ne1atall for solution and thanks for g0rey01 for starting the inquiry.  Wish Sony was as proactive and you guys.

Message 13 of 27 (181 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 1, 2011

Qriocity isn't solving my problem, I can't add money to my wallet or input a credit card.

Anything else that can be done? because this is dumb, I can't buy what I want from the PSN

Message 14 of 27 (181 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Aug 1, 2011

This is really stupid over 2 weeks without enabling to create an account. Qriocity shouldnt resolve the problem, sony MUST fix this ASAP because if they say they want new player then allow them to create an account, i dont have Qriocity in my country so problem still not solved to me, and its starting to piss me off...

Message 15 of 27 (181 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Aug 2, 2011

Has anyone tried the Contact Support "Ask a question"? in here http://us.playstation.com/support/ask/ I posted about this in the PS Blog and Sid replied that I should contact them using that form. Just wondering if someone already did that and what reply they got. I just want to create an account for my cousin who recently got a PSP and wants to purchase games using the PS store but can not do that since the website does not work. Do anyone know of an alternative way to create a new account? thanks hoping the website returns soon

Message 16 of 27 (181 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Aug 11, 2011

I let a couple of weeks go by, then checked back here again. I think that was helpful, because upon seeing your suggestion about qriocity.com, I didn't dismiss it, although I correctly assumed that I would have to abandon the process that I had begun by requesting the sub-account through the PS3 system and its online access. Before that amount of time had gone by, I think I would have been unwilling to forego accessing "store.playstation.com" because it seemed to be the last step needed to complete the process. Anyway, when I used the credentials established through the master account to log into qriocity.com, I was immediately able to use what I have previously learned about establishing a sub-account to find the right procedure and follow it, so the advice was good, and I thank you.

Message 17 of 27 (181 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Aug 11, 2011

The Qriocity site appears to now have the same usage limitation and a similar description of present service status to that which appears at the PlayStation site. I'm interested to find out whether the Server Maintenance message is reliable or whether Qriocity has actually fallen under attack as well. I'm not trying to start a rumor or anything, it's just that after all I went through to gain access and accomplish some goals it seems to me an extraordinary coincidence to discover a similar situation again.

Message 18 of 27 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Aug 11, 2011

There is actually maintenance going on right now, which might be why qriocity is affected. (at least, the account manager portion)

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/08/10/playstation-network-scheduled-maintenance-thursday/

Message 19 of 27 (183 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Aug 11, 2011

Thanks, sorry I didn't do the research myself.

Message 20 of 27 (183 Views)
0 Likes