Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 24 2011
By: Cruel_NTentions First Son 2 posts

Sharpshooter w/move and Nav controllers not working with Resistance 3

8 replies 1088 views Edited Sep 24, 2011

I just bought the sharpshooter gun and attached the nav and move controllers to it however the nav is unresponsive to the game. I checked it on other games and it works perfectly. Please help

Message 1 of 9 (1,088 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2596 posts

Re: Sharpshooter w/move and Nav controllers not working with Resistance 3

Sep 25, 2011

Okay.

1. You might want to turn the controller off and then on.
  2. You might want to connect the controller to the PS3 with a usb charge cable and try a re-sync.
  3. I don't know how it would happen only for R3, but you may want to manually change the assigned controller number for the Nav unit by holding down the PS Button and selecting changing controller assigned number to 1 or 2 and see if that works.

To clarify the NAV controller doesn't plug in to the sharpshooter like the Move controller does, so it should have a different controller number, anything other than 6 which I think is the default controller number for the sharpshooter.

color tag 001

Message 2 of 9 (1,088 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Oct 2, 2011

I have the same exact problem, and I have 2 controllers so I have twice the headache. I have contacted Sony and they of course deny responsibility so I contacted Resistane 3 and still waiting to hear back from them. I have spent hours google to see if there was a solution or patch. If you were successful please share

Message 3 of 9 (1,088 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3314 posts

Oct 2, 2011

Try reassigning the controllers to the lower controller ports. Technically, the PS3 only has four Bluetooth controller ports (1-4), but for some reason the system assigns the Move controller to Bluetooth ports 5-7. Now most games will check every port, but some only check the first four. Most likely Resistance 3 does the latter.

Message 4 of 9 (1,088 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Oct 3, 2011

I manually plugged in the motion contoller navigation controls to USB and reaasigned the controllers and actually got (1) set of controllers to work blue tooth and tried to sync- plug in the other controller so we could play co-op and it will not sync no matter if I change the control numbers only one set will work. Its funny because I have spent at least an hour trying different things like having the move controls as 1-2 and then the navigation control as 3-4 but no matter how I alternate or juggle the order only (1) navigation and (1) move control works. The good thing is that I got one set to work and will continue to try various options or suggestions. I tried to leave both Navigation devices plugged in but you can't ((start)) the game without A. motion controller start button being pushed and B. Motion Eye being plugged into the USB and detected!

Message 5 of 9 (1,088 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2596 posts

Oct 4, 2011

Wait you are trying to use more than 1 move/nav controller and only 1 ps eye?  That I have never tried but it seems the source of your problem.  The one game I have used 2 Move controller with is High Velocity Bowling, and that was possible only because we were not moving (the camera only had to track 1 glowing orb).

Could you clarify something, are you using 1 ps3 device and tv for split screen co-op?  If you read the instruction manual at no time does it use the plural form of using the Move controller(s) or the sharpshooter(s).  I don't think the ps eye is programmed for/or the ps3 has enough memory to drive 2 moves from the same camera in a co-op split screen for a shooter game.

The other problem I see is that we have no official MVP to possibly talk to sony about problems players are having with the move & nav/sharpshooter.....and the section of the forum is about people trying to use move design sdk.

color tag 001

Message 6 of 9 (1,088 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Oct 5, 2011

Yes, I am trying to use (2) Move-Navigation devices with (1) eye.  "The Shoot" which is a Move PS3 Game operates with (2) motion controls -Orbs that are (2) different colors so that the Eye can follow each orbs motion. The Motion system eye is supposedly able to follow (4) seperate controllers. The Problem before we even get that far is that the game doesn't even synch a second controller so that I am able to do a cooperative play to try and boresight my second rifle/move controller. I will continue to fiddle with it and try another option which is to start off with (1) motion controller/navigation and (1) regular PS3 controller and see if it'll allow me to register as a second player and then change out the controller on the register port for a Motion controller. but any suggestion or information would deeply be appreciative

Message 7 of 9 (1,088 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2596 posts

Oct 5, 2011

Again, they don't say multiple motion controllers, only certain games can use more than 1 at a time, otherwise you wouldn't be having this much trouble.  Sorry, I spaced on the more than 1 eye, I mis-wrote what I meant, and meant to say: I don't thing the ps eye is programmed for/or the ps3 has enough memory to drive 2 moves from the same camera in all co-op split screen or for every shooter game.

It may take a patch or maybe it was something that happened when they removed the button mapping glitch; which was against the sony terms of use for programming the device.  Your best bet is to ask insomniac how many motion controllers can be used in split screen co-op play since it says 1-2 player on the back of the box.

color tag 001

Message 8 of 9 (1,088 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Oct 12, 2011

The mystery has been solved! even though the makers or Resistance never responded to my emails and questions and even PS3 failed to step up and get the job down, I have finally solved the riddle of the Playstation motion question: You are correct that the game doesn't support split screen motion controllers and it was finally when I got one motion/navigation controller program that I used a regular controller to try an activate the cooperative selection that I got a message that read " that Playstation motion doesn't support split screen" so you can only play cooperative with (2) regular controllers and the single campaign or online multiplayer with the motion controller. I had to turn off the PS3 and turn it back on and reassign the motion controller to the system 1-4 and then enter the game in order for the controller to respond. This case is closed for the books: but it would have been nice to know this from the beginning! I had plans for me and my son to play side by side (arcade style) but I guess I will have to wait until the have a game that (2) motion detector split screen cooperative game comes along. Thanks to everyone who tried to help - and hopefully this blog can be googled for those looking for the same answer that I had. I rate insomniac response and help (0) and I rate PS3 for lying and not providing details (0)

Message 9 of 9 (1,088 Views)
0 Likes